|| 9 ||

Third Person:

Inkwon's eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion as the girl finally finished her rant about how annoying she actually found Seongjae, and the corner of Danbi's lips curled down a bit as she hugged the pillow closer to her body.

"He's your soulmate.. But you don't like him?" It looked like he was trying to put one and one together, but the girl sitting on the bed only face palmed at him, she had been ranting on and on about how annoying she found him for the last thirty minutes.

"No, I loathe him." This time not only did he move his eyebrows, but his whole face turned a bit smaller as he scrunched it up, still confused about why the girl didn't like the person she was destined to be together with.

"But he's your sou-"

"Yes! He's my goddamn soulmate, but he's, like, the biggest jerk in the world!" Out of frustration, Danbi let her body fall back onto her bed, a groan leaving her as well, and she heard a small snicker leave the younger brother.

Had she seriously expected her younger brother, who hadn't met his soulmate yet, to understand her rant?

"You know what, sis? I think you should calm down, call that boy or something." Lifting her head, Danbi sent him a glare at the same time he lifted himself from the girl's chair to leave the room.

Danbi knew Inkwon was referring to Jisung, when he said; 'call that boy', and that had honestly been the best idea he had ever given her.

Her hand fell to her side, almost immediately coming in contact with her phone, and after unlocking it, she was quick to scroll through her numbers and dial Jisung's.

As Jisung's phone lit up for the seventh time, the ringtone filling their ears, all of the seven guys groaned as they knew Jisung wouldn't pick up if it was Mikyeong.

"Just answer the call, I swear, that melody will haunt me in my dreams." The comment made the youngest roll his eyes slightly, at least their soulmate wasn't some attention seeking, greedy girl, and Jisung finally stretched out his arm to grab the phone on the table.

The name on his phone stunned him, but in a good way, and the guys let perplexed looks take over their face, when a big smile spread across Jisung's.

A smile matching his formed on Danbi's face.

"Hi, Jisung."

The girl was the first one to talk, and as soon as the voice reached the boy, the smile grew brighter, but then he remembered that Danbi didn't like calling others, something had to be wrong.

"Hey, you don't usually call me, is something wrong?"

At the question Danbi felt her lips morph into a small pout, and despite being well aware of the fact of him being unable to see her, she nodded.

"It's Seongjae.."

Just by that, he felt himself frown just a tiny bit, and the tone in her voice made everything worse.

"Rant all you need, I'm here to listen."

At that she actually felt like breaking down, because it had been long since someone had been so nice to her, she, of course, didn't start crying, she had her pride.

Then she just spilled everything.

From the project to him flirting with other girls, and Jisung kept quiet throughout it all, letting her rant all she wanted.

   He felt bad for her.

He felt bad for her, but it wasn't like his experiences with his soulmate were much better, and he started a small rant as well, with Danbi listening to each and every word.

Even though he didn't want to admit it, a relieved feeling filled Jisung, spreading all the way to his fingertips, at the thought of Danbi not liking her soulmate.

"God, I don't know who has the worst soulmate."

It came out as a joke, but both of them knew that he meant it.

"My dad is calling me, I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

The question was asked carefully as he might not have had the time to talk or text her, and the only thing she actually heard was a slight chuckle and a hum, before the line went dead.

"Danbi!" The voice of her dad rang in her ears making a sigh leave her lips, before she lifted her to her feet, and she made her way into the living room where her dad was sitting.

Inkwon was busy on his phone while her parents were enjoying a cup of tea, and she shrugged slightly before taking a seat beside her younger brother.

"I just wanted to ask how it's going with the dance instructor." Danbi almost choked on her own saliva at that, and her mind immediately wandered to Jisung as he had taught her more than her instructor.

Once again she shrugged a bit, and the next words left her, catching the others' attention.

"Fine, I guess.. I have a question though." Both her parents nodded at that.

"Is it possible to date someone, who isn't your soulmate?" Danbi had picked the words carefully, not wanting them to get the wrong idea, and her mom's head jerked back a bit.

Even Inkwon seemed to be surprised by her question, and after a few quiet moments, her dad finally nodded his head.

"I mean, I guess, why not?" The curiosity was clear in his voice, but everyone in the room knew that Danbi wasn't going to reveal anything yet, and she copied her dad's actions, her head moving up and down.

   It was possible.

   While that was happening in Danbi's house, Jisung tried his best to find an excuse as to why he hadn't answered Mikyeong's calls.

   "You're in trouble, dude." A knowing glare got send in Donghyuck's direction, and Jisung turned back to his phone to reread his soulmate's message.

'Why aren't you answering?
I'm so mad at you right now!
You can make it up to me
by taking me to that store I really like!!
I'll be there in ten!'