|| 10 ||

Third Person:

'How to remove your soulmate tattoo'

Was it even possible was the question she wanted to have answered first, but she was too impatient.

Danbi wanted it so badly to get away, hating how it reminded her of Seongjae, and the desperation of getting it away got the best of her, making her search the words just mentioned before.

When she pressed search she hadn't expected anything to appear, but multiple sides appeared, explaining how to easily remove the tattoo, but it wasn't going to be painless.

'How to remove your tattoo;
as painless as possible'

Danbi felt like gagging just by reading the title and looking at the illustrations, but the urge to remove it motivated her to continue reading, no matter how disgustingly disturbed she got.

"Use the needle to poke holes in the tattoo and pinch out the ink- ouch." Reading with a quiet voice, she felt pain explode from the tattoo just by imagining it, and instead of closing the computer like she should, the girl continued to read, still with a small voice.

"After that place a cloth soaked in alcohol on it- ouch." If what she was reading was as painless as possible, she didn't want to imagine what other sites suggested her to do, maybe the other sites suggested that she dipped her arm in toxic or something messed up like that.

Right before the girl could turn back to reading what to do, the door was opened, revealing her younger sibling, and the girl had never shut a laptop as quick as she did when the door was kicked open.

"I got the needle you asked for earlier." Holding up a small sewing needle, Inkwon let a proud smile spread across his lips, expecting his sister to tell him he did a good job, but after reading what she needed to do, her head only shook from one side to another, the feeling of needing to gag keeping her from talking.

A small frown appeared on the younger boy's face, but instead of questioning, he only shrugged and placed the needle on the table before the girl once again was alone in her room.

It only took once glance at the computer for her to decide that the tattoo removal wasn't going to happen that day, and after contemplating for a few moments, she agreed with herself that even if it should get removed, it wasn't something she should do herself.

But the story about tattoo removal didn't end there.

Somewhere down a sidewalk, a boy was walking with a girl clinging to his arm, and what was supposed to be a peaceful walk turned to something the exact opposite as the boy couldn't help but stop dead in tracks when he saw the sign, which read;

'Cheap soulmate tattoo removal'

Mikyeong was surprised to find her soulmate stopping and when she found the source of him suddenly not walking, a small gasp left her.

"Why are you looking at it? Do you want it to be removed? Don't you want to be my soulmate?" The exact thing Jisung had been wanting to avoid was happening, she was causing a scene, making perplexed passerby's stop dead in track just to see what was happening between the couple.

The sudden attention from the crowd starting to form around them, as if they were in some fistfight, made Jisung's ears turn hot, a feeling of embarrassment filling him, and the boy tried to shush the girl as she continued to exclaim things about him wanting to get rid of her.

Without really thinking Jisung grabbed the girl's wrist and bolted off, not wanting that much uncomfortable attention on him.

"Listen-" Jisung had wanted to talk it through with her calmly as adults, but the girl wasn't having any of it as Mikyeong started the same rant as moments before where everyone was looking at them.

"You really hate me, don't you?" Before the boy even got the chance to croak out a 'no', his soulmate was already asking another question and the questions just continued leaving her.

"Why do you want it to be removed?"

"Am I not pretty enough?"

"Not nice enough?"

"Have you always been hating me?"

"Am I too clingy?"

"It's that girl you're always texting, right?"

"God, please just listen!" If the other boys, Jisung's friends, had been there, they would all have been very shocked by the sudden outburst which left the usual calm and patient boy, but even though it was very sudden, the girl kept quiet, allowing him to explain even though there really wasn't anything to explain.

"The sign made me a bit confused as I don't understand why anyone would have their soulmate tattoo removed." It wasn't the truth, but hopefully the girl would believe his words.

Moments of silence passed with the girl trying to catch the boy's eyes, but each time they locked eyes Jisung felt himself looking away, hating the lie which just left him, and when he felt the girl grab onto his arms, his whole body froze.

"You're lying! You're avoiding my eyes!" Just when the boy thought that the situation wouldn't turn worse, he saw Mikyeong's eyes glister a bit, giving it away that she was going to cry only panicking the boy more, and on top of that, the girl was squeezing his arms in a way which hurt a lot.

Panicking, Jisung desperately tried to calm the girl down before she full out started sobbing as he hated nothing more than others, especially girls, crying, he never knew what to do and despite the tight grip on his arms, he tried to pat her head.

Then it happened.

The first sob broke the silence, causing the boy to widen his eyes, his already panicking heart starting to beat faster as he had no idea what to do.

As the sobs only seemed to multiply so did the panic inside of him, and he in the end broke free from her grip, only to grip her shoulders and pull her into a hug.

An awkward hug which quickly helped the sobs reduce.

Then another lie left him;

"I'm not going to remove my tattoo, don't worry."