Chapter 35

Lucy's Pov, 

Throughout the five days what I first thought came true. I was unable to handle the treatment based on walking sticks. My left leg was slowly going even thought my right leg was all of a sudden. I was in the hospital waiting for Natsu as the hospital gave me my own wheelchair. I was wearing a cream jumper with a white top under it and dark bottoms but hand a red blanket wrapped around my legs to keep them warm in the winter. Took basically six or seven days but it was finally snowing. A white Christmas.

My mother would say a white Christmas always meant good luck was coming ahead. Now I was unable to believe it. I was reading grim tales of Beauty & The Beast. I really enjoyed the book with the others saying it was my favorite to read and I could see that they was right. I enjoyed it more than anything so far the last painful long five days. Trying to get my right leg to walk was very painful but there was still hope it could come back and that was why my left leg was getting weak. They believed it was trying to help my right leg.

"Please do not stare" I heard James's voice outside as I turned my head seeing Natsu come into the room seeing me in the wheelchair and soon looked away toward the wall. "I heard this happened but kinda didn't want to believe it" he spoke as he turned his head to look toward me again as I close the book and smiled toward him. "Natsu as long as it is you I don't mind the staring" I spoke a little quieter than normal as Natsu walked over to me pulling something out his pocket. I was unsure on what it was as it was pretty small in his hand. Natsu went on one knee and grabbed my hands.

"Today marks the day I am free from collage" he informed me as I smiled even more at him. Most was faked. "Now the harder learning starts about the companies" I replied with a giggle as Natsu smiled as he moved the hand with the object upward in front of him. "Lucy I want to do this right and it is not the right place at all" Natsu started looking unsure on how to take this small talk. I was confused as he sighed slightly and looked toward me. "Lucy I love you. I love you more than anything in this world" Natsu started holding my hand slightly tighter as I was still very confused.

"I want to see you smile. I want to see you live your life to the fullest and I want to be with you on that so would you make me the happiest person alive and....and marry me?" Natsu asked shocking me as he was showing an engagement ring in his hand.

and marry me?" Natsu asked shocking me as he was showing an engagement ring in his hand

My eyes were watering slightly. "Yes. YES" I shouted the second one as my hand was shaking slightly as Natsu was smiling putting th ring on my finger as he hugged me tightly afterwards. "I love you so much Lucee" he whispered into my ear as my eyes had some tears. "I love you too" I replied as he pulled away from the hug and then pulled me into a kiss. I kissed back smiling through the kiss as we was forced to pull away hearing a fake cough at the doorway. Natsu and I turned our heads to see Wendy, Erza and Mira. 

"NALU WEDDING CONFIRMED" Mira shouted as loud as she could as Wendy was clapping loudly as Erza had her arms crossed smirking. "Great" Natsu mumbled rolling his eyes as I laughed at his reaction of the others as I put my hands on his cheeks as he was still on his knee as I pulled him into another kiss getting Mira to scream and fangirl. Natsu smirked through the kiss as he kissed back right away. "Get a room you two" we heard Gajeel's voice as Natsu and I pulled away smiling at each other.

"In one Metal-Head" Natsu replied as Gajeel was about to reply with a name until Erza didn't look happy getting him to stay quiet as Natsu kissed my forehead. He soon stood up as Levy was able to get into the room with her being so small. "How's the book I gave you Lu?" Levy asked smiling as I grabbed the book in my lap smiling. "My 7th time reading through today" I answered with a small laugh as Natsu went behind the wheelchair and was pushing it ahead. He didn't mind doing all this.

I was so glad to have someone like him but in end.......Was the pain I was about to cause worth all of this?