Chapter 38

Next Day, Natsu's Pov, 

I woke up early for once to get everything for the party ready. Wendy and my Aunt made me let Lucy sleep in as I got Virgo to keep an eye on her for me. I was double checking everything as my father had went out to talk to Jude. I for one didn't want him anywhere near here but Lucy asked to see and speak to him. I was unsure on why. I heard the door go as I walked over opening it to see Mira and Laxus along with Erza and Jellal. "You gonna need more decorations" Mira spoke smirking.

The hint of the devil in her eyes as I shook my head sighing. I let them all in and explained Lucy was asleep still from having a hard night of sleeping. She was struggling to fall asleep that night. I was unsure on why but Lucy had told me it was about a bad dream. "MASTER!" I soon heard Virgo's voice echo around in worry as my heart skipped a beat as I rushed up the stairs toward my room faster than anything. My own reactions rushing to Lucy's side to see my Aunt and Wendy not to her. She was sweating and struggling to breath.

My eyes widen. "Keep him out" Wendy ordered as I was about to march over until Laxus grabbed me from behind and pulled me out of the room as Virgo, Mira and Erza were all worried but stayed outside. "L-Lucy told me" Wendy whispered her eyes watering badly. "Wendy go with Natsu. I need to prep her" my Aunt had ordered as I got more worried. "Prep her for what?" I nearly shouted my question as pure fear and worried was inside as Wendy came out, closing the door as my Aunt pulled out a box from under the bed. 

I saw that box be placed but my Aunt told me it was for Lucy's best interest. "Wendy what did Lucy tell you?" I asked in a begging tone as she fell on her knees and burst out crying as we all understood the message. Laxus let me go as I fell onto my own knees as Lucy last night kept telling me how she loved me and was thankful. My whole body was shaking as my eyes watered. "She can't...." I whispered as my eyes closed as my hands turned into fist. "Mavis just found a god damn cure" I nearly shouted in rage.

Mira was crying into Laxus's chest as he was now hugging her as Erza was frozen in place Jellal rubbing her back to keep her calm. "LUCY FIGHT DAMMIT JUST UNTIL TONIGHT" I shouted in a huge begging and scared tone as I couldn't lose her. I was unable to see a future without her even. I was unable to live without Lucy. My world was going black and white. I was unable to think even. I was unable to hear anything but my own heart beat as I felt the world as just trying to punish us. The fact Lucy knew hurt more.

The fact she knew this was coming and told Wendy instead of me hurt more than anything in this matter. "She thought it would happen after the party she wanted to tell you Natsu. She wanted to tell you after the party so you wouldn't be sad through it" Wendy's crying voice echoed through my ears as she held this back. She held back her own pain just so I wouldn't be sad. She did all of it just so I wouldn't of been sad or hurting, so I could have a good time. "Dammit" I whispered shaking.

I was in pure fear as I heard the door knocking. "I will get it" Virgo spoke walking off ahead as it was most likely the others who I asked to come here first. "M-Mira" I spoke pushing myself to my feet as she calmed down slightly looking toward me. "Can you get Sting, Yukino, Rogue and Kagura here?" I asked shocking everyone but Wendy who were in front of me. My whole body was still shaking. "Understood" Mira then whispered pulling out her phone as he hands were shaking also.

"Erza can you explain this party been cancelled. Lucy will want to say goodbye to everyone so please get them here" I begged looking toward the woman I would call an older sister who looked at me in pure shock but nodded walking ahead with Jellal helping her stay standing to the front door. I fell backwards onto the wall tears going down my cheeks. "How am I meant to say goodbye to her?" I asked anyone in a whisper as I moved a hand to cover my eyes. My whole body even my face shaking.

Out of anything I didn't wish to say goodbye to Lucy all together. "Natsu" Wendy whispered as I looked at her to see her on her own feet, offering me some paper. I took it my tears getting worse to read Lucy's hand writing.

Natsu....
If you are reading this me and Grandine got the times wrong with my illness. You know that I was a ticking time bomb and I have tried fighting so much and my reason for fighting is because I love you. You were my reason to carry on Natsu...
I want to ask for one last favor before I do leave. 
Can I not die as a Heartfilla?......I want to go out this world as Mrs Lucy Dragneel.....
I know this is harsh to ask you but Natsu I love you. Please remember that. 
From Lucy. 

The tears got even more worse as I closed my eyes smiling slightly. "Lucy you really know how to write the feels" I whispered as I took a small breath. "Laxus I need you to ask your grandfather a favor for me" I then spoke passing him the note as he was confused but started to read. I was shocked to see the big guy Laxus nearly cry slightly. "I will get it done" he answered passing it back before pulling his phone out as my Aunt came out the room. "She wants to see you Natsu" she spoke.

I took a breath before walking into the room to see her laying on the bed looking weak and in pain. My Aunt had a drip of painkillers connected to her. I walked over. "You should of told me sooner" I whispered as I took her hand to see her still wearing the engagement ring, that had made me smile slightly as I was holding her left hand. "I thought I could fight longer" Lucy whispered her voice as weak as she looked as I moved my other hand to move her hair over her ear as her eyes were closed.

I saw the pain she was in. "The box on the desk. When I do go could you hand out the letters I wrote?" she soon asked her voice cracking as my eyes were watering once more. "I-I don't even think I can keep going myself knowing you won't be there" I replied as Lucy moved her right hand to go on my cheek as she opened her brown eyes to look at me. "Live on for me. Live on in my place Natsu. Travel the world like we wanted to when we was younger. Please Natsu, I don't want my death to be some stone to block your path" Lucy spoke.

I smiled at her. "I don't want my life to be known as it also. I wish I was a better light for you" Lucy spoke quiet as she coughed afterwards. "You will always be the brightest light in my life Lucy. You are my everything and always will be. You never will be something to block me as it was you who made me be a better person and be better at anything I tried" I replied as she smiled her right hand falling onto the bed as it was weak. "Everyone is coming to say goodbye" I informed her as she smiled more.

"Thank you. I love you Natsu" Lucy spoke as I moved in kissing her on the lips. My own heart breaking seeing her in so much pain and seeing her so weak. I wish she didn't have to suffer at all.