39. 48 & 66!

"Who are you?" He asked, ready to fight.

"I'm 48." Ed and (Y/N) looked at each other confused. (Y/N) patted Edward on the shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile.

"I have it under control." She whispered to him. Taking 3 steps forward, she started to speak out loud." Hey, I'm (Y/N)! Nice to meet you. Would you kindly let us pass, please? Thank you." She bowed and took Ed's hand is hers and started walking. They were one centimetre away from 48 when he attacked them.

"Sorry, but if you want to pass you have to beat me first." He said taking a fighting pose.

Ed sighed. "If that's what you want."

~With Alphonse~

"Why are they taking so long?" Alphonse asked out loud. He was waiting for his brother and (Y/N) so they could leave before being discovered. But he didn't know he has been watched by someone from the shadows.

~With Edward and (Y/N)~

Transmuting their outer plating of their automail arms into blades, Edward and (Y/N) charge towards 48.

~With Alphonse~

Someone jumps down from the top of the building directly attacking Al. It seemed to be an armour. He moves quickly, avoiding all his attacks. Suddenly, when Alphonse attacked, the head of the armour fell, revealing nothing, but air. 

"Who are you?" He asked the chubby armour with a meat cleaver in front of him.

"I'm 66. But this is just a codename they gave me." He stated nonchalantly. "Actually, let me tell you a story. There was a middle-aged man by the name of Barry. He loved to cook. Barry loved to cut up meat. But one day, he couldn't satisfy himself with pork and beef anymore , so he went out at night and cut out people. Eventually, he was caught, but the numbers of victims he had was about 23. After doing this sort of thing, he was sentenced to death by hanging. This is the story I tell the public, but actually there's a sequel to it. Barry isn't actually dead. He's alive and has been assigned to watch over a certain someone, even if his body was taken away. "

Alphonse watched him in silence. 

"That's right. I'm the serial killer, Barry the Chopper! " He posed, lifting both arms, with the chopper and knife up. "You might have heard of me."

"No, sorry, I have never heard of you. " Al stated, not caring. This let Barry speechless. " I was born in the countryside, so... " 

"Even so, you should give some kind of reaction!" The chubby man started yelling annoyed, raising his head up and down multiple times. "Shouldn't you be scared? like 'AHHH' or 'Where's the body?' " At his words, Alphonse rose the head of his armour scaring Barry. " AHHH, WHERE'S THE BODY?!" He yelled like a scaredy cat.

Al sighed. " That hurt, you know?" 

"Oh, you must have been sentenced to death too, what a shame." 

"I'm not a criminal like you, I've got some circumstances of my own." Barry waited for Al's explanation. " My older brother attached my soul to this armour when I lost my body." 

"Brother?" Barry laughed. 

" What's so funny? " 

"Are you guys really brothers?" Barry asked. This time, Alphonse was speechless. 

"Our personalities are different, but... " 

" No buddy, that's not what I meant. Maybe you're an armour 'doll' your brother created. Does your real human self really exist? Haven't you thought about this?"

____________________________________

I know this chapter is short. Sorry for the long waiting. Now I have time to update a little. 💜💜💜