(5)

_still Sans' Pov_

I noticed the hiss and grabbed her arm again but instead she didn't hiss. I had grabbed her wrist and she seemed fine, but when I tried to grab her humerus she moved away from my touch.

"(Y/n), what happened? Why were you out for 3 hours? Don't lie to me either, I want to know the truth." My voice was laced with seriousness, care, and worry.

"I was on my walk, I told you that I was going for one earlier." She looked at me confused.

"(Y/n). You're dodging my first question."

"I ran into some old friends, that's all. We chatted and walked together, then stopped by the park to watch the sunset." You smell that, I smell bullshit.

"Lies. Why do you flinch when I grab your upper arm then?" I grabbed her upper arm again and she flinched but tried to hide it.

"Sans, stop..." She looked down at her lap while muttering. I let go of her arm and hugged her.

"You're scaring me (Y/n). You almost gave me a heart attack for being so late. Please, tell me if you are hurt." I urged her, hugging her close.

"Why do you care?" She tried to mutter it but I could hear her clearly since I was right next to her.

"Why wouldn't I care?" I could feel her start to shake.

"I'm an attention whore. I have been told that I shouldn't be depressed, that I am just doing these things for attention..." Small tears rolled down her own cheek as she cried.

"They don't know what you have gone through. Depression would be very common if people knew what happened and how many timelines you've gone through." I gave her a gentle, reassuring squeeze.

Carefully I picked her up, causing her to give quick labored breaths from pain. I carried her upstairs anyways and took her to our room, hugging her close. I used my magic to open the door and close it behind us as I went into the room.

"Why are you crying? You have no reason to." I spoke sternly while sitting down on the mattress she had fixed up.

"I'm sorry." She sobbed out quietly and started to wipe her eyes furiously.

"Your going to hurt your eyes, don't rub that hard." I pulled her wrist away from her face and used my sleeve to gently wipe away her tears.

"Sorry." She looked at me and only then realized how dull her pretty eyes were now.

"What happened to you, doll?" I looked into her eyes with care.

"N-Nothing." She stuttered and looked away. I placed a phalange on her chin and moved her face back to mine.

"Don't turn away. Now answer my question. What happened?" I held her close.

"I said nothing, why don't you believe me?" More tears slipped down her cheeks as I stared into her eyes.

"Because you're lying. Don't lie to me, this is your last chance kid, what happened?" I looked at her with both concern and seriousness.

"I'm sorry okay! Nothing happened! I didn't mean to worry you!" She shouted at me as she cried even more.

"Sshh." I hugged her close and swayed side to side to help sooth her. "C-... Can I see your soul (Y/n)?"

She looked at me confused as I asked.

"My soul? What's that?" I blinked at her surprised.

"Haven't you ever gotten into a fight while in the underground that caused a small heart to come out of your chest?" She nodded. "That was your soul."

"Oh." She took a deep breath and let one out. Suddenly a dim (s/c) glow came from her chest as a slight cracked and dull (s/c) soul came out, its color was dark and dull as if it had given up hope.

 Suddenly a dim (s/c) glow came from her chest as a slight cracked and dull (s/c) soul came out, its color was dark and dull as if it had given up hope