1: Introduction

A/N Welcome everyone, I think you can see what's happening, so, Enjoy! And please tell me what you think in the Comments.

See you next time!

"Hija! Get up, it's time to go!" Aphmau's mother calls from downstairs, she moves her plump figure around the kitchen, making her daughter breakfast for the last time, at least for awhile.

From the kitchen and up the stairs lies a bathroom, to the left lies Sylvanna's room and to the right is where young Aphmau is still sleeping soundly in bed, her raven hair a mess, and her arm in an odd angle under her soft white pillow.

Her room is a blinding shade of purple, and that includes everything, not just the walls, the only thing not purple in the room is perched on her nightstand, a small red picture frame that holds a still memory of her and her best friend, Aaron.

Aaron is a rough looking boy, well, more man than boy, his charcoaled hair short and messy, and his steel eyes holding a maturity much beyond his years, though he is smiling in the photo. He has been able to grow stubble, that eventually grows into a small little goatee, this is her senior year of high school in the photo, and his freshman year of college.

Sylvanna tramps loudly up the stairs, rumbling the plants in their pots and bowing the steps as she places her small feet down on them.

Bursting into her eighteen year olds room, she let's out a booming shout that would make anyone's ears give up on hearing for a few weeks.

"Aphmau! Vámonos! Your going to miss room sorting and I am Not going to drive you!" She raps on the door loudly, scoffs, then marches heavily down the stairs.

Aphmau groans and stretches on her soft, warm bed. Blinking sleepily, she slowly slides her small, short frame out of bed, her feet touching the cold, wooden floor.

An icy shiver goes up her spine as she forces herself to walk on what feels like snow , why her mother never turns on the heat still puzzles her.

"Alright Mom! I'm up!" She shouts out her door. She grumpily makes her way to her closet, and groans at her lack of nice things to wear, she chooses tight, long jeans and a long sleeved purple shirt with white stripes.

Her feet still freezing, she slips on some white, cotton socks and glides down the stairs, picking up her backpack and pulling it onto her back. Fixing her hair so it's semi-straight, she grabs a chair to stop herself from landing on her rump.

"Careful, My Lord Hija, you're going to hurt yourself before you even get in the car!" Her mother sighs, laying three, steaming breakfast tacos on the kitchen table.

"I'm going to be fine Mom, Aaron and Katelyn always take care of me." At the boy's name Sylvanna tenses, she doesn't like Aaron much, even if she was okay with him and her daughter being friends. As long as it stayed that way.

"You should stick to Katelyn, she's a Softmore, she can show you where to go." Chomping loudly on her tacos, Aphmau rolls her eyes, she is not oblivious to her mothers dislike of her friend, she just ignores it.

"I'll be fine ma." She finishes up her tacos and rises from her seat, slipping on her black tennis shoes at the door.

Aphmau hesitates, her hand hovering over the door handle, she slowly turns around and gives her mother a warm embrace.

"Thanks for taking care of me." She mumbles, and Sylvanna jumps in shock, but returns her daughter's hug.

"Don't thank me yet, Now, go! You're going to be late!" Aphmau nods and pulls open the door, the cool breeze of the morning tickling her face.

Parked outside is her car, dark purple, new, small, but fast. And it is all her's, she grins and pops open the driver side, tossing her backpack in the passenger seat.

"Bye Hija! Call me if you need anything!" Her mother calls from the front door, Aphmau smiles brightly, waves, and starts her car.

There is little traffic, but the university is a long drive away, Aphmau switches the radio on, a cheesy pop song that is ten years too old starts playing.

Her phone buzzes in her pocket, and she answers, pinching the phone next to her cheek to hold it in place.

"Hello?" She answers, and a familiar chuckle responds from the other side, and she scoffs.

"Hey Aph, You ready to start your first day of Uni?" Aaron asks, although Aphmau can't see him, he sits alone on a bench in front of a large, red brick building.

"Yeah! I am a little nervous though..." Aphmau admits, driving past ten different fast food joints, her mouth waters, even though she just ate.

"Why? It isn't the roommate thing again is it?" He replies, looking up at the huge PDU logo plastered on the front of the brick building, and his eyes flicking to students who are walking inside.

"It is! What if I don't know them? What if they hate me, What if their-" He cuts her off with a breathless laugh.

"Aphmau, that's not going to happen, because unlike me, you are a people person, I told you what happened last year, right?"

She giggles quietly at the thought, He had gotten stuck with the most annoying kid in school last year, let's just say it ended with the kids face meeting Aaron's fist.

"Yeah, Yeah, I get it, you asked for a change of room this year, right?" She asks, and he chuckles, tapping his foot against the bench.

"Yes, After last year they starting taking me seriously, both a blessing and a curse." He replies, his red jacket moving slightly in the breeze and his loose, ripped, black jeans stuck against the bench.

"Maybe we'll get a room close to each other?" She suggests, and he blushes a little, fumbling with the phone against his cheek.

"Maybe, but I doubt it, you know the rules, there can't be two people of the opposite gender in a dorm, for obvious reasons." He nervously laughs, and Aphmau shrugs as she drives past yet another ten fast food joints.

"I said near, not room with you, I don't think I could stand having to deal with you all the time." She quips, almost knocking her head loose when a driver in front of her slams on the brakes.

"Aw, come on, you love me." He remarks, hearing the whispered curse that Aphmau had hidden under her breath.

"Do I?" She asks sarcastically, but giggles lightly when she hears his surprised and slightly hurt gasp.

"Relax Hot Shot, I do." He chuckles, but sighs, knowing he can't talk on the phone forever, besides, his battery is almost dead.

"Alright, drive safe, I'll see you later." He stands up, yawns, and starts making his way into the building.

"See you!" Aphmau hangs up briskly, turning onto the long road to where she needs to go.