9: Alpha's

Their feet clop on the cobblestone path away from the school, hand in hand, alone. Yet to be swarmed by the entire werewolf population of the school.

But that,of course, is about to change, as everyone is very excited to see their new Alpha's, and Aaron is still a little jittery, he's never been Alpha. And if he got to be Alpha with his best friend. Then life is looking up, finally.

"Alpha!" A swarm of werewolves surround them, freaking the daylights out of Aphmau and she can feel her anxiety creep up on her.

"Aaron. Oh my gosh, This is awesome! We finally have a good Alpha!"

"Who's the human?"

"I'm so excited!"

Aphmau backs up into Aaron out of both shyness and the chaos of the swarm of tails and ears around them, Aaron keeps his cool, but brings Aphmau a little closer to him, he feels her heart beating, as his mate.

He knew this was bound to happen, especially now with his Alpha status, since she is Alpha too, his body is now fine tuned to her emotions, her distress.

"Hey!" He shouts into the crowd, everyone falls silent in respect, Aphmau jumps from his sudden outburst, and he smirks inwardly.

"Sorry, We'll have a meeting at werewolf club Saturday, But if you have any questions, please direct them to me, Aphmau is, a little shy." The werewolves give a collective nod and slowly they disperse, but one remains.

Grey stares at Aaron coldly with his yellow eyes, his tail up and ears stiff, he's dragging Lilac behind him, who looks like she'd rather be anywhere else.

"Hey Omega!" His voice his hateful and rough, Lilac gives both of them an apologetic look, smiling nervously at Aphmau. Aaron immediately starts growling under his breath, Aphmau hears them and looks up.

The other werewolves are long gone. They have no clue the things that are about to unfold between the current, and former Alpha's.

His teeth are bared and showing through his human form, he balks his fists, ready to fight for his title.

"Not anymore Grey. What do you want?" Aaron's eyes slip into a yellow territory, but Aphmau's presence is enough to keep him from going much further.

"Don't talk to me like that you filthy Omega, Wyatt can't tell me you are the new Alpha, not without a challenge." Aphmau suddenly has a bit of anger under her caramel eyes, she doesn't like anyone poking fun at Aaron, that is her job.

Aaron feels it before she can say anything and hits her lightly, winking at her.

"We both know that you would lose that fight, Danny." Aaron grins as Grey pulls back in a fit of blind rage, slicing Lilacs ear by accident.

"Ah!" She holds her bleeding ear, but Grey doesn't seem to care, he charges and Aaron, who throws Aphmau out of the way and just moves to the side as Grey runs right past him.

"Grey, come on, make it easy on yourself and don't fight." Aaron tries to reason, he could easily beat Grey to a pulp with little effort, but he wants to at least try not to get in trouble on the first day being Alpha.

Grey gets angrier the longer Aaron avoids being hit, Aaron's not stupid, he's not going to sit there and get hit, avoid and evade, fight when you have to, all those martial arts classes he took online are paying off.