10: Ink and Oil

After saying their goodbyes to Lilac, Aphmau and Aaron continue with the rest of the day, Aphmau going through her art studies and getting mentally ready for her English and math classes tomorrow. While Aaron sits in the music room with a half deaf Professor, who of course is Professor Mellia.

"Alright, pick up. Aaron, take that garbage somewhere else, I do not tolerate that trash you call music." She's talking about his own original piece he is working on, it's a little bit  Spanish with some video game influences. But he thinks it sounds cool, thank you very much.

"At least I can tell when my pitch is off..." he mumbles under his breath, he's always hated Mellia, so much that he has to control his tongue to not waggle insults.

He trots down the hall with his guitar slung haphazardly across his back, the strings vibrating gently to the rhythm of his feet.

He glances around and then slides through a fake wall, popping out on the other side of the school where Aphmau just got out of class.

She doesn't expect him to be there, so she rams right into him, recognizing his warm embrace immediately.

"How did you get here so fast? Isn't your class in the south wing? This is the north." He chuckles, and blushes a little when she snuggles into him, she is oddly cold, and her scent is a little off, a little wolf-ish, but that may just be his own sent on her.

"Sorry, I've been a little cold since Grey attacked us. You're so warm." He pats her and takes her hand into his own, leading them to a fake wall that he knows leads right into the dorms.

"Uh...this is a wall." Aphmau looks up at her smirking friend, who, using his knowledge of the school pulls her through the fake wall.

She yells, but Aaron covers her mouth and snickers, this particular hallway is extremely dark, and cold, it's also a little creepy from the glistening cobwebs that hang from the ceiling, and the very dim mist that seems to permanently be in the abandoned hall.

He removes his hand, and on a whim, he decides to explore the hall, Aphmau hesitates, holding back something, and shivering.

"Aaron, can we just go home, something doesn't feel right in here." She looks around, feeling her head pound and an insistent chill that will not leave from her bones.

I cold, damp chill crawls up Aaron's spine, he smells nothing, but something is moving around them, watching them.

"Let's get out of here." Aaron starts to walk back towards the wall that leads to the dorms when something big, black, and covered in eyes rounds the corner, leaving a trail of ink in it's wake, it's dripping mouth gaping open in a permanent gaze of terror.

"Run!" Aaron sprints to the exit, grabbing Aphmau and pushing through the fake wall, not stopping until they got into the room
and locked the door firmly behind them.

"What. Was. That?" Aphmau breaths heavily shakily holding onto Aaron, who's ears and tail had poked out without his permission from the fear that had run through his veins like ice.

"I don't know, but I'm not using that passage ever again." He glances down at her his heart leaping when she presses into him, scared out of her mind and shaking.

"What if it comes here?" He brushes the back of her hair gently, his ears patted down close to his head, growling in a soothing way.