Chapter Three - "Time of the month."

– “Time of the month.”

Tasmin didn’t go back to class or to the common room; instead she ended up in the corridor outsider the Hospital Wing. It was the best place to mitch class as if she got caught she was close enough to say that she was feeling sick and needed to go Madam Pomfy. She sat leaning against the door with her head in her hands when she heard someone clear their throat. It was still lunch time so she doubted it would be a teacher. “Go away!” she growled at the intruder. Instead of hearing retreating footsteps the person slid down the wall to sit beside her.

“What’s got your goat?” a familiar voice asked. Tasmin looked up to see it was Regulas.

“What’s got my goat?” she quirked an eyebrow up at him.

“It’s a Muggle expression.”

“I’ve never heard it.”

“You’re not a Muggle.”

“Better not let your parents hear you say Muggle expressions.” There was silence for a few minutes.

“They’re not that bad. Worse than my brother, but better than some.” He said quietly.

“Why do you stick up for them all the time if you don’t believe in the same values?” Tasmin asked, turning to him completely. He gave her a baffled look,

“They’re my family. I love them.”

“All of them or just the ones who fit into Voldemorts perfect specimen?” Tasmin spat. He didn’t flinch at Voldemorts name like she thought he would.

“Every single one. Whether they fit into his requirements or not. I love my family.” Regulas had leaned into Tasmin to emphasise his point and it was only now that he realised they were only centimetres apart, but she didn’t back away and neither did he.

“It must be nice,” Tasmin said softly, her expression matching her tone. Regulas blinked.

“What must be nice?” Tasmin shrunk back to the wall, breaking their eye contact and hugging her legs close to her chest.

“To be loved.”

“You are loved,” Regulas snorted. She shook her head sadly, not even looking at him.

“You’re friends love you.”

“Not like that.”

“Sirius loves you,” it was out before he could stop it. Shit, he thought, rewind, rewind, rewind. That did not just happen. Tasmin gave a cold laugh.

“Sirius Articulus Black loves no-one but himself.”