Epilogue - "I'm going to Hogwarts!"

Epilogue - “I’m going to Hogwarts!”

Eight Years Later

Remus Lupin looked out the window just in time to see an owl swooping down. Hurriedly, he opened the window and allowed the handsome Tawny to rest on the counter top. It raised its leg and Remus untied the letter attached, the owl flying away almost immediately afterwards.

                A small smile graced his rather aged face as he read the name and noticed the large school crest. “Evie!” He called out for the girl in the next room. He waited a moment before calling her name again. The third time he alternated to “Evangeline!” which was met with a shriek from said girl.

                “Don’t call me that!” The eleven year old seethed as she burst through the door, her strange purple eyes filled with annoyance.

                “Then come when you’re called,” Remus shrugged with a light grin. Evie flipped her long silver hair over her shoulder as she frowned at him.

                “You know, when most people call someone it’s usually for something.”

                “This came for you,” Remus’ grin widened as he handed the heavy letter over, Evie’s faux annoyance breaking as her face lit up.

                “It’s from Hogwarts,” She breathed, “I’m going to Hogwarts!”

                “That you are,”

                Evie stared at the letter in her hand, Evangeline Serenity Mori Lupin written in neat handwriting. “I wonder if I’ll get into Gryffindor like you or mum.”

                “You might. There’s also the possibility of Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff,” He chuckled at her comical face when he mentioned Hufflepuff.

                “I actually would prefer Hufflepuff to Slytherin.”

                Remus frowned at the young girl, her eyes trained on the letter. “Slytherin isn’t too bad,” He reasoned, “Your father’s cousin was in Slytherin and she married a Muggle-Born.”

                “No, my mum’s sperm donor’s cousin was in Slytherin. My dad has no cousins.” She shot back making Remus sigh.

                “You raised me. You loved me. You’re my dad.” Evie finished, the letter forgotten as she looked into his old eyes, determination written all over her face.

                “And you’re my daughter.” He grinned, a warm feeling in his stomach as he realised, probably for the first time ever, he was not alone; that there was someone in this world who loved him for him. Werewolf and all.

Probably not the best epilogue, but the sequel is going up soon and it pretty much picks up from here.

I would like to thank everyone who has read, voted, commented and fanned because it really means a lot to me and I literally check how many reads I get every day (Sad I know)

This is dedicated to HardToPlease because she made me write it and even made an account so she could read it and vote. I love you!

The Sequel:

7 votes each for both this chapter and the last one before the Sequel is posted.

I don’t know what I want to call the sequel so I’m putting it up for a vote, read the description and chose your favourite:

Evie Lupin has always known she was different, even for a witch.

She has never witnessed death, yet she can see and talk to Thestrals, and she has strange, vivid dreams that almost always come true, makes trying to get through Hogwarts with her friends, including the Weasley Twins, all that more difficult.

So when her real father breaks out of Azkaban in her Fifth Year, all hell breaks loose, and wouldn’t you know? Evie’s in the middle of it all.

Choices:

‘The Girl with Purple Eyes’

‘Little Lupin Girl’

‘Kenny, Peanut Butter and Ginger Prats According to Evie Lupin’

‘The Master of Mischief and Mental Patients’

‘The Girl Who Talks To Thestrals’

‘How to Master Mischief’

‘How to Tame a Tamer’