Chapter Fourteen - "She's a pregnant druggie!"

14 – “She’s a pregnant druggie!”

Remus sat back in his chair as he finished his exam half an hour early. He sneaked a quick glance around the hall and saw Sirius throwing pieces of paper at the girl in front’s hair. James was drooling on his table while Peter looked at his exam papers with his eyes wide in terror. Lily was writing ferociously while stopping every now and again to look at her ring. Cory kept looking up at the supervisor and sending him flirty grins while Tasmin wrote in her answer sheet as she rubbed her bell, quick flashes of painful expressions crossing her face. Remus frowned and remembered that today was her due date, she must be uncomfortable.

                He went over his exam for the third time when he heard the gasp of pain. His head snapped to Tasmin who was doubled over in her chain. The supervisor tore his gaze from Cory and opened his mouth to reprimand her when she groaned loudly and clutched her belly.

                “The baby,” she moaned, “Its coming!”

                Everyone froze but Remus broke from his shock quickly and jumped out of his seat to run over to her. Suddenly the supervisor shouted at Remus to bring her to the Hospital Wing. Remus grabbed Tasmins arm to guide her when she gasped for him to stop and she picked up her quill to fill in the last answer.

                “Tasmin!” Lily groaned from Remus’ left.

                “Drop the quill.” Sirius and James chimed in from his right.

                “Just one – OW! – Done!” She grinned as she dropped her quill and allowed her friends to bring her to the Hospital Wing.

                The process was slow as they had to stop every few minutes when a contraction came. Sirius allowed her to take his hand and didn’t even complain when she squeezed it hard enough to almost break it. Much.

                When they finally made it to the Hospital Wing Madam Pom-Poms ushered her onto a bed and began to order them to get potions and towels. Sirius continued to hold Tasmins hand and Lily took the other one while brushing Tasmins hair out of her face with the other one.

                “OW!” Tasmin screamed, squeezing Sirius and Lily’s hands tight, “Get this thing out of me!” She cried.

                “Oh that’s charming, calling our baby a thing.” Sirius muttered causing Tasmin to snap her head towards him.

“YOU!” She shouted, making Remus wince and Sirius back away as much as he could while still holding her hand. “THIS IS YOUR FAULT!” She yelled before screaming in pain as a particularly big contraction hit her.

That was it for Sirius, his eyes rolled back in his head as he passed out on the floor.

“SIRIUS!” James cried as he shook Sirius’ shoulders, “HE’S DEAD!” he wept as he threw himself across Sirius and sobbed into his chest.