Chapter Fifteen - "The Order of the Phoenix."

15 – “The Order of the Phoenix.”

6 months later…

Albus Dumbledore sat in his office across from the seven students he had come to know and care deeply about. He knew he was asking a lot from them and although they were all of age he couldn’t help but feel like he was about to destroy their childhood.

                The worst part was that he had no other choice but to do it.

                “Professor?” Young Lily Evans broke his train of thought. He surveyed her through his glasses and noticed how she was holding her soon-to-be-husbands had absentmindedly. “Why did you call us here?”

                Why did he call them here? They were too young. They had their entire lives ahead of them. Lily and James were only days away from the happiest day of their lives. Tasmin Green and Sirius Black had grown up since the arrival of their daughter and they were incredibly dedicated parents while also training to become Aurors. Remus Lupin was in his element as he studied under Minerva McGonagall to become a Transfiguration while Cory Fanning worked with Professor Slughorn and worked towards finding a cure for Lycanthropy. Peter Pettigrew … well, he was still living with his mother.

                They had their entire lives ahead of them and Dumbledore was the one to tell them that it was over.

                “Voldemort.” He finally answered. He expected them to gasp, shudder, even flinch, but they didn’t. They were too brave for their own good. “Voldemort is rising faster than we anticipated. We believe he has the Werewolves under his control,” Remus stiffened, “and he is determined to wipe Muggles and Muggle-Born’s from existence.” James pulled the frozen Lily closer to him and wrapped his arms around her.

                “We can’t let that happen.” Sirius spoke, determination clear in his voice as he looked around at his friends. “We have to stop him.”

                Tasmin surveyed Dumbledore and noticed how his eyes flashed with sadness for the briefest moment. “What do you need us to do?” She asked, noting Dumbledores shoulders slump as if he had been defeated in battle.

                “I need Mr Lupin to go underground and join Fenrir Greyback’s pack.” Remus nodded stiffly, his dreams of becoming a Transfiguration Professor disappearing before his eyes. “The more Muggles-Born’s we can get into hiding the better,” Dumbledore nodded to James and Lily and they indicated their heads slightly in agreement. “We have an Order, The Order of the Phoenix; I would appreciate it if you could all join. It would mean having to be ready for anything at any time.” Dumbledore paused before continuing, his voice more dejected than ever, “I need someone to go undercover… as a Death Eater.”

                Silence followed Dumbledores announcement as they all stared in disbelief.

                “I’ll do it.” A voice broke the silence causing seven heads to turn to face the speaker.

Sorry it's short and a a wee bit serious but I had to set the mood :)

Okay so I would really like to have five votes before I upload again, pretty please :D

Love, Nikki.