Chapter Thirteen - "Gryffindor courage!"

13 - “Gryffindor courage!”

Tasmin duck-walked slowly back to the Gryffindor common room where she found all of her friends – minus Peter – sitting by the fire. Remus stood up when she approached and offered her his seat which she took gladly. She stared into the fire for a few minutes before proclaiming loudly, “I hate kids. Who in their right mind would ever have one?”

“Aren’t you pregnant?”

“Shut up Potter. I meant who would keep their kid once they reach first year, they’re insufferable little know-it-all’s.” she huffed.

                They sat talking for a little while when Peter panted passed them with a giant, what looked to be, body bag trailing behind him. “Uh, Peter,” Lily frowned, “What’s in the bag?”

“Definitely not a first year named Michael!” he squeaked as his beady little eyes darted around the room looking for an escape.

“Peter you idiot,” Sirius groaned, “His name is Jeffery.”

“I thought it was Tim.” James piped in.

“I’m getting too old and pregnant for this.” Tasmin moaned as she rubbed her swollen belly before gasping loudly along with the others. “Oh no! This baby’s turning me soft! Quick, get it out!” she panicked as Sirius’s eyes widened in horror, Remus chocked on his piece of chocolate, Peter dropped the body bag, Lily covered her mouth with her hand, Cory gaped open-mouthed and James burst into tears.

“She was so young and promising,” James sobbed loudly, “Why did Satan take her from us?” He wailed as he threw his arms around Lily and noisily blew his nose into her neck.

“WAIT,” Sirius yelled, “we can’t give up yet,” he reached into his bag and pulled out a bottle of Fire Whiskey, something Lily would usually confiscate but now was not the time for being Head Girl. “Have some Gryffindor courage!”

“That’s Fire Whiskey.” Tasmin frowned.

“Exactly!”

“I can’t drink it, I’m pregnant!” She yelled.

“You’re going to be a great dad.” Remus muttered as he watched Sirius try to force feed Tasmin some Fire Whiskey. Sirius stopped and glared at Remus.

“I’ll be a great dad. But I don’t have to worry about that for years!”

“You’re having a baby in a week.”

“Oh yeah, forgot about the little bugger.”

*