Chapter Ten

Cisco arrived the next morning to find Barry and Caitlin sitting next to each other sleeping.

He shook his head, chuckling. "I guess the food was for-" he was cut off by the steady beep of the heart machine.

He rushed into the infirmary and over to Carrie, "Caitlin!" he called.

Caitlin woke when Cisco called her.

She heard the machine flat lining again and she walked over casually. "Don't worry Cisco. That's the tenth time she's done that in the last four hours." she said, yawning.

"Just give her a little shake and wake her up." Caitlin said, leaving Cisco with Carrie.

Cisco nodded, walking over to Carrie and shaking her.

Carrie's heart machine started to beat at a normal pace and she opened her eyes.

"Good morning." she said, sitting up.

Cisco let out a sigh, "Here, I got you donuts under Caitlin's orders." he said, handing her the bag.

"Ooo, I've never had donuts for breakfast." Carrie said, opening the bag.

Cisco raised an eyebrow.

Carrie looked up at him with a smile on her face, "Thanks." she said.

Cisco shrugged, leaving her to eat.

Caitlin was sitting at her computer, furiously typing away.

"What now?" Cisco asked, sitting at his computer.

"Terpsichore and Songstress are attacking music stores all across Central City." Caitlin said.

"What about sleeping beauty? Why isn't he up?" Cisco asked, nodding towards Barry.

Caitlin smirked, picking a pen up and throwing it at Barry.

The pen hit Barry in the face, waking him up.

HR came in with the coffees, "Please tell me Caroline is awake." he said.

"Don't call me that!" Carrie called, but it came out muffled as she had food in her mouth.

"I'll take that as a yes and I'll take her, her latte." HR said, picking up her cup and taking it to her.

"What's up?" Barry asked, letting out a yawn and grabbing his cup of coffee.

"Terpsichore and Songstress are parading the streets attacking music shops." Caitlin said.

"I want to help." Carrie said, standing in the doorway of the infirmary.

"No Carrie." Barry said.

"No Barry." Carrie mocked him, "Why not?"

"You listen here, you may not be my real daughter, but you will do as Barry and I say." Caitlin said, her voice stern.

Carrie's eyes widened, "Yes, ma'am." she said, turning on her heel and walking back into the infirmary.

"Now, let's sort Terpsi and Songstress out." Caitlin said.

Barry nodded, suiting up and running out of there.