Chapter 4

Toby's POV
*Friday morning*

This week has been great. Amazing. The best. I've loved every minute of hanging out with Spencer even if we were just studying.
I seriously can't wait until tonight. I wonder what she means by 'surprise.'

I jump into Spencer's car this morning and I'm very excited. Well, I must have been because Spencer said,

"You seem excited."

"I am excited."

"I'll text you when to come over later. Okay?" She asks driving around a corner towards school.

"Yeah. That sounds great. I'll take the car tonight."

"Does no one else need it?" She asks.

"I reserved the car since you told me on Monday. I swear if someone takes it I'm gonna kill them." I joke and she laughs. I'm glad I made her laugh.

The rest of the day goes by, as I expected, pretty slowly. I was just so excited for tonight. It was a miracle that I was able to meet Spencer. It was a miracle that she actually likes me. I can't believe that she actually likes me.

"Hey Toby." Someone shouts behind me as I make my way out of school.

"Hey Spence." Wait, did I just call her Spence. Oh no, what if she doesn't like people calling her that? Hopefully she didn't hear me.

"Spence?" She laughs. "I've never been given a nickname before, well..." she drifts off rather strangely.

"Well?" I ask her.

"Never mind. So, if you have a nickname for me I'll give you one." She thinks for a minute before speaking again, "Tobes. I'll call you Tobes."

"Thanks. I like it." I laugh.

"You need a lift?" She asks as we arrive at her car.

"You don't have to-"

"Get in!" She demands and I do as she says.

She drives me back to my house and we just talk about random things. As she parks outside my house she tells me,

"I'll text you soon and tell you when to meet me."

"Okay. I'll see you." I say jumping out of the car. Her car zooms off up the road. She showed me where she lived the other day so I knew where to go. As I enter the house Wren appears from around the corner.

"So where you off to later then?" He asks. Was he eves-dropping?

"It's none of your business." I say dropping my bag and walking into the kitchen.

"Come on, we're family." He pleads.

"If you must know, I'm going to meet Spencer later."

"You two have gotten really close."

"Yeah we have. Looks like you missed your chance." I gloat. I finally beat him at something. Even though I wasn't trying to at the start. I truly like Spencer. And I don't want to lose her.

*2 hours later*

I'm sitting in the kitchen, on the island just eating some pasta from yesterday. I'm sort of just flicking between channels on the TV not really focusing. I just want to be at Spencer's already. I just want to be with Spencer. Suddenly my phone beeps and I feel excitement flow through my veins. I stand up to lift my phone from the table but someone else picks it up. Wren picks it up.