Chapter 32

Spencer's POV

"So, Spencer has my son been treating you okay?" Toby's father asked me.

"He's great." I smiled as I took a sip of my water.

"And what about Spencer, Toby? Has she been decent?" My father asked and I could barely resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"She's amazing." Toby smiled and set his hand on my thigh. "Truly amazing."

Mine and Toby's father started talking in some conversation and they seemed oblivious to the fact that we were there.

"Sorry about this." I laughed.

"What did I tell you about saying sorry?" Toby said.

"Sorry." I smiled.

"They seem to like each other." Toby whispered.

"Yeah. They do." I said as I actually realised they were getting along. "Wait, why are they getting along?"

"Because they are Spence. Just hope they don't start fighting soon."

"Hope is just a dirty four lettered word." I said.

"Oh, shut up, Spence." Toby laughed.

***

After our meal we had a few more, small conversations between each of us and then the bill came.

"I'll pay." My father said proudly.

"No, no, no. My treat." Mr. Cavanaugh said. "You blessed my son with your amazing daughter."

My father opened his mouth to argue but Toby stepped in. "Why don't we half it?"

"Great idea." My father said and quickly took out his wallet again.

We drove home with Toby and I in the back and my father and Toby's in the front.

We pulled up outside the front of my house and we all exited the car.

"Thank you, Mr Cavanaugh. Thank you, Toby, for an lovely meal." I smiled and held Toby's hand.

"It was our pleasure." His dad smiled. "I hope to see you both again."

"Same here." My father said shaking his hand. "Goodbye Daniel. Goodbye Toby."

"Bye Mr. Hastings." Toby said.

"Bye Tobes." I said and kissed his cheek before heading up the path to my house.

"Daniel is a nice man." My father said as we entered the house.

"And Toby?" I asked.

"He's good too." He simply said.

I walked up to my room with the biggest smile on my face. For once my dad excepts me. Excepts my choices. Excepts my life.

I went upstairs and changed into basketball shorts and Toby's t-shirt. I tied my hair up loosely in a ponytail and lay down. Soon after my phone rang and I gladly answered it.