Chapter 29

Toby's POV

"Why are we at a motel?" Spencer asked as we climbed off my motorcycle. 

"Because you need a break and I thought we could come here." I told her. "Come on, let's go get a room."

We walked into the reception and rented a room.

"Room 214." The man said as he handed us a key.

"Thanks." I said and Spencer and I headed to our room.

We walked in and smiled. It was small and cosy exactly what Spencer needed. Spencer turned to me and kissed my cheek.

"I love you so much." She said.

"I wanted to say that first." I whined as I lifted her up and kissed her.

***

"Morning baby." I said to her as she opened her eyes.

"Hey." Spencer said as she pulled the sheet up to cover the rest of her body.

"Aww." I said in a disappointed tone.

"Shut up Cavanaugh!" She said and hit my chest playfully.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed playing along with her game. "So, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Toby, I'm pretty sure that the closest thing we could get to breakfast here is a cereal bar from the vending machine." She laughed.

"I'm going to take you out for breakfast." I told her.

"No you don't have-"

"I want to. Okay?"

"Okay." She smiled and picked up my shirt and slipped it on.

[1 hour later]

Spencer was sitting in front of me as I massaged her shoulders. But, ruining the moment, my phone rang. I let it continue, waiting for it to end, but I didn't.

"Someone really wants to reach you." Spencer said.

"Well, they can wait." I said and kissed Spencer on the lips.

My phone rang again.

"Toby, answer it. I'll be here when you get back." She said and set the phone into my hand.

I swiped the answer bar and went outside the room to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Ah, Toby, hello. It's your dad here."

"Uh... hi. Not to be rude or anything but what do you want?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you would like to meet me this morning for some breakfast or something." He said.

"I sort of have plans." I said.

"How about later then. Please, I'd like to spent some quality time with my son."

"I'll see if I'm free. Okay?"

"Okay. It was nice talking to you." My father said.

"Yeah... you too." I said and the line went dead.