Chapter 34

Toby's POV

[one week later]

This past week it feels like Spencer has been avoiding me. I know it sounds weird but every time I try to talk to her she runs off and when I call her she tells me she has homework to do. But for some reason I feel like it's not true.

"Hey Spence." I said and lent against her locker.

"Oh, uh, hi." She mumbled.

"Wanna hang out today? Just us?" I asked her and she looked back down at the books in her hands.

"I would but, uh, I can't. Sorry." She said without lifting her head.

"Spence, what's going on? You've been avoiding me for this past week? Did I do something cause if I did can you just tell me-"

"No Toby it's not you it's me."

"Please tell me this isn't turning into one of them breakup speeches." I sighed.

"I just need time. I'll see you... sometime." She said in an almost whisper.

"Spencer, what's going on? What happened to no secrets?" I asked.

"Toby just... stop."

"Fine!" I snap and walk down the hall.

I don't know where the sudden burst of anger came from but...

Crap.

I was half way out the doors when I realised I'd forgotten a book I needed for Monday. I headed quickly back into the school but stop once I hear Spencer talking to someone.

I quickly disappear behind the bunch of lockers and listen for a bit.

"You still haven't done it yet?" A voice asked.

"It's not that easy." Spencer sighed.

"I'll make it easier for you then. You've got until Monday." The female voice snapped. I knew the voice but I couldn't think of who it was.

"Alison, that's two days away-"

"Yes, and if you don't do it in two days I'll tell everyone about your little secret." Alison said. "See you on Monday."

I heard heels click down the hallway and I took it as my chance to check on Spencer but when I turned to see if she was there, she was gone.

Forgetting about my books I quickly run out the doors hoping to catch Spencer but I get the glimpse of her car driving away.

"Spencer... what have you done?" I mutter as I climb onto my motorcycle and drove off.

I drive behind Spencer the most of the way hoping that she'll go to her house so that we can talk.

But she takes a left turn instead of a right and, instinct takes over, I follow her. She keeps driving when I realise where she's going. She's going to our place. Lookout point.

She parks her car and gets out. I park not far from her and slowly, and quietly, walk up behind her.

"Spence?" I said.