Chapter 13

Spencer's POV

Last night and this morning was absolutely amazing. It was fantastic. Better than I ever could have imagined. It wasn't awkward like I thought everything that happened... happened quite naturally. Now I must prepare for absolute hell. Millions upon millions of questions from my parents and it's not like Melissa would be any help either if she was there. That would just make it worse. I park in the driveway and jump out of my car. There is still water dripping from the roof of my house so I quickly run under it and open the unlocked door. I walk in to see my mum over at the counter and my dad on the couch with a newspaper.

"And what time do you call this?" My dad asks as I begin to walk up the stairs.

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently as I had nothing to be guilty for.

"I mean," he says setting his newspaper down, "you never came home last night."

"Well unless you didn't notice there was a hurricane last night."

"Don't you use sarcasm with me!" My dad snaps.

"Sarcasm is like a second language in this family!" I protest.

"Where did you stay last night anyway?" My mum joins in in this debate.

"A friends. I was at their house when the hurricane hit. They told me to stay over until it cleared up."

"What friend?" My dad questioned.

"Just a friend from school."

"Then why are you wearing a boys shirt?!" My mum asked. Ugh, how was I going to explain this.

"He leant me it, like I said, they offered me a place to stay."

"Excuse me, you stayed at a boys house?" My dad concluded.

"Yes, I stayed in the spare room." I lied. It was just a small lie. We didn't do anything anyway.

"Who said you could stay at a boys house? Were his parents there?" My mother asked harshly.

"No, they were out but his brother was there."

"So, you're telling me you stayed at a boys house all night while his parents were out?!" My dad asks his voice growing louder.

"Yes, but what's wrong with that."

"What's wrong with that! Spencer Hastings go up to your room right now?" My father yells.

"Why? We didn't do anything. Did you want me to drive home during a hurricane?!" I shout back.

"Go to your room! We will discuss this later!"

"Discuss what?! There's nothing to discuss!" I fire back.

"We will discuss whether you're aloud to see this boy again." My mother snapped.

"You can't stop me from seeing him. Like I've said before we didn't even do anything!"

"Go to your room! Now, Spencer!" My dad shouts and I quickly run up to my room and slam the door. I feel a few tears fall down my face but I quickly wipe them away. I lie face down on my bed with my head in a pillow. I sit up and take a few deep breaths. They can't stop me from seeing Toby. I think to myself, they won't stop me. I hope.

Half an hour later there's a knock on my door but without me saying come in the person just walks in.

"What do you want Melissa?" I ask harshly.

"I heard mum and dad talking about how you stayed out all night at a boys house."

"Yeah and it's none of your business." I snap.