Chapter 39

"Wren, stop!" Spencer said as she pushed him off her. "I'm with Toby. You know that."

"Yes, I know. But Spencer, I think you should be with me, we have much better chemistry."
He said with a smile.

"What the hell, Wren! So the whole time you've been 'comforting' you were just doing it to get with me?!" Spencer shouted.

"Of course not! I've loved you for a while Spence..."

"Wren... just go."

"Wait, Spence, come on. I know you felt something too."

"Yeah, I felt guilt and regret. I love Toby, Wren. I'm sorry."

"So there's never a chance for us?" He asked.

"No." She said shortly.

"Well, then, I'm sorry Spencer, but there's something I've got to do."

Wren pulled something out of his pocket and placed it quickly over Spencer's mouth. He threw he arms round and ended up knocking over her lamp, smashing it.

"What are you doing?! Wren! Wr-" and she stopped.

She was knocked-out cold.

"Sorry Spence. This has to be done." He whispered and began carrying her outside.

***

"Hey Spence, I'm not sure whether your phone is just dead or off but I've called you a few times and it's going straight to voicemail. Call me back when you get this. Love you." Toby said and hung up the phone.

Toby hadn't seen Spencer in a few days and so tried calling her and texting her to ask if she wanted to hang out but she didn't answer. She would've usually called him back by now but she hadn't.

Toby wasn't possessive just protective.

Toby decided to call Tyler to ask if he knew where she was.

"Hey Toby, what's up?" Tyler asked.

"Have you seen Spencer lately? I call her but her phone goes straight to voicemail."

"Same here. I just thought she was with you."

"Nope. Should I go round and check on her?" Toby asked.

"Yeah, she's not with Mona either cause Mona's with me. call me if you find her."

"I will." He said and hung up.

Toby drove round to Spencer's house and walked up to her front door.

He knocked a few times before Mrs. Hastings answered.

"Hi Toby. What are you doing here?"

"Is Spencer here?"

"No, she's staying at Mona's." She replied.

"I don't mean to sound rude Mrs. Hastings, but she's not. I've just gotten off the phone with Tyler and he said Mona was with him. He was wondering where Spencer was aswell."

"Oh... come in Toby. Have you tried calling her?"

"Yeah... many times."

"What's going on?" Melissa asked walking in.

"Spencer's sort of gone... do you know where she is Melissa?" Mrs. Hastings asked.

"No, maybe she's in her room?"

"Let's go have a look." Mrs Hastings said and the three walked upstairs.

They walked in to a pretty normal Spencer's room except her lamp was smashed.

"Well, she's not here." Melissa said.

"No, she has to be."

"Maybe she left. To get a break..."

"No, she would've told me." Toby said shaking his head.

"Well, maybe she-"

"No!" Toby said. "She would've told me. Somethings not right here."

"So, what do we do?" Melissa asked.

Toby shook his head. "Mrs Hastings. I know your daughter. She wouldn't just get up and leave."

Mrs Hastings took a few seconds to think before saying. "I think we should take this to the police..."

A/n I'm sorry this chapter took so long, it's just been really hard to update as I've been busy with my new book & also school. I'll try to update again with another chapter soon. Thanks.