Chapter 14

Toby's POV

"Are we there yet?" Spencer whined like a little child in a long car journey.

"Nearly, Spence. Nearly." I told her as we drove up the steep hill.

"Seriously where are we going?"

"You'll see. God, you're so impatient."

"Hey! I am not impatient!" She huffed.

I pulled the car to a stop and quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed out the car. Spencer did too.

"What are we doing up here?" She asked.

We looked down to the edge of Rosewood. Over the lights, roads and many building of Rosewood.

"How did you find this place." She asked and I saw a smile growing on her face.

"I was just driving around one night and I found it."

"It's beautiful. Really... beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it."

"Like it," she said taking a breath in between, "I love it."

I love it. I love it. Those words played over in my head for the next few seconds until I spoke.

"I just brought you up here because I thought you would like... love it."

"Well, Toby I do. It's lovely up here." She beams while wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Come here, there's one more thing." I say grabbing her hand and pulling her over to the side of the cliff. There's a checkered blanket beside a small tree with some cushions placed on top and a miniature freezer basket beside it.

"You've seriously gone over the top!" She exclaims.

I sit down on the blanket and pull Spencer down beside me. I put my hand inside the freezer basket and pull out two tubs of ice cream. One cookie dough flavour and the other mint chocolate chip.

"Toby you're seriously crazy." She says laughing and smiling all at once.

"Crazy in love." I blurt out and instantly regret it.

"What did you say?" She looks at me the smile still not fading from her face.

I knew I couldn't deny it any longer. I had to tell her. It was now or never. Right?

"I...I said that I'm... 'crazy in love.'" I stumble for words but then continue. "And I said that because... because I think I love you.... I love you Spencer Hastings." I suddenly feel super embarrassed and avoid eye contact with Spencer.

She looks at me for a moment before speaking, "I... I think I love you too Toby."

I focus my eyes back on hers again. Her brown orbs sparkle even more in the moonlight than usual.

"You do?" I ask her sounding shocked that she shared the feeling.

"Yes. Yes I do. I love you." She says this and I immediately throw my lips onto hers. We stay connected for a few more seconds. Not long after that I fall backwards and she lands on top of me. Suddenly our kiss turns into a make out session.