Chapter 18

Spencer's POV

I arrive back at my house, happy as could be. This week has been great. Me and Toby did... you know what and I got to see Tyler again. I missed him so much. We used to talk about everything before he moved away. I love him like a brother and he, me, like a sister. I'm sitting in my room for a few hours when o receive a text from, speak of the devil, Tyler.

Hey Spencey, I was just wondering if you'd like to come over. I could text you the address or we could go out?
-Ty

I didn't hesitate to text back. So I quickly pressed on the keys and send a message.

Yes, that sounds great. Why don't we meet up at the Apple rose around 6?
-Spencey

We give each other nicknames. He first gave me the name Spencey when we were about 14 and I called him Ty. It's our thing so we try to stick to it.

Absolutely. I'll see you there.
-Ty

I begin to pick out an outfit for tonight. I pick a pretty causal one as it was just two friends hanging out. And anyway I didn't need to make an impression on Tyler he knew me. But I wanted it to seem like I tried. At 5:50 I jumped into my car and drove down to the Apple rose grille. I walk in to the grille and I see him sitting down. He waves over to me and I join him. He stands up and gives me a quick hug. We sit down and talk for a bit, then the waiter comes over and takes our order, and we talk a lot more. We spend the evening catching up on everything we've missed in each other's lives.

"So, I'm guessing you and Toby did it then." Tyler blurts out.

"Did what?" I ask cluelessly.

"You know what!" He says and raises his eyebrows. I gasp when I realise what he meant.

"How did you know?" I ask him sounding shocked and all of the above.

"The hickie on your neck is kind of a give away." I gasp once again as he says this. I take out my phone and swipe to the camera section. I look in the reflection, move my hair back, and notice the purple coloured mark.

"Oh my god! I'm going to kill him." I laugh but still trying to sound serious. I move my hair back into place to cover the mark again.

"I don't see how you didn't notice it." Tyler laughs.

"Shut up!"

"How's Mona been? I miss us hanging out in our three." He said with a sad face.

"I missed it too. I remember when we used to go to the Brew practically everyday after school. And we always had Friday movie nights." I smile remembering those happy times.

"Do you two still talk?" He asks.

"Yeah... not as much as we used too though. When you left we drifted a part a bit. But we're like... best friends. She was the one that covered for me when Toby and I... you know..."

"No, no I don't think I do." He jokes, "What was it you two did?"

"Oh, just shut up!" I say throwing a piece of lettuce from my salad at him.

"But seriously Spencey, if he ever hurts you, you can tell me. And I'll make sure he regrets it."

"I know you would. But don't worry, Toby wouldn't hurt me."