Chapter 20

Spencer's POV

I slowly open my eyes and become aware of my surrounding. I'm in Toby's house. In his living room. On his couch. I sit up slowly and yawn slightly. I glance around the room and notice Toby in the chair to my right, sleeping, and Wren on the couch to my left.

"Hey, you're awake." Wren whispers.

"Yeah." I say trying to smile slightly.

I suddenly realise how I ended up here. Not like I could forget. The memory brings tears to my eyes. I quickly wipe them away before anyone sees. We notice Toby move in his chair and his eyes slowly open. He stands up and notices I'm awake.

"Oh, hey Spence. Have you been up long."

"No." I say flatly.

"Are you hungry? I can make you something or we can order Chinese from that place you like."
He suggest and I give him a little smile.

"I'm fine thanks. What time is it?" I ask.

"It's just after 5." Wren tells me.

Toby walks over and takes a seat beside me. He lifts my hand and wraps it in his. I look down to our hands and I notice my wrists. They're covered in red marks from where... where Ian had held me. I can tell that Toby had noticed too because he ran his thumb over the marks. He brings my wrist up to his face and kisses my hand.

"Spence, who did this to you? I swear I'll make them pay."

"Please, Toby don't." I plead, "I don't want you to do that."

"Spence, baby, please. I want to help..."

"Then don't talk about it again. Because I don't want to talk about. I don't want to think about it. Ever. Again."

"That's okay Spence." He says putting his arm around me.

"Yeah, no one is asking you too." Wren says.

"I should probably get going." I say.

"Where you going to go Spence?" Toby asks.

"I don't know... I'm not going back to my house. I might just go stay at Mona's."

"Spence, you know you can stay here whenever you want right."

"Thanks Toby. Could I just use your phone for a minute."

"Of course." Toby says and he hands me his phone.

I walk out of the room, I hear distant muttering as I walk into the other room, I type in my Mona's  phone number and dial.

"Hello?" She says as she picks up.

"Hey, Mona. It's Spencer sorry, I'm using Toby's phone to call. Could I ask you a really big favour?"

"You want me to cover while you stay at Toby's again?"

"Yeah, but it's not like last time. Something just happened and I really need Toby right now. I'll talk to you on Monday about it."

"Yeah, Spencer that's fine. I'll cover for you. Did you hear Tyler was back?"

"Yeah, we hung out last week. Have you seen him?" I ask.

"Yeah I have," Mona says, "We went out to see a movie yesterday. He said that we should all hang out as a group again."

"We should. Well, thank again Mona. You're a lifesaver." I say.

"Don't mention it. Bye." After she said this she hung up.

Now I just have to call my parents. I decide to call my mother as she is a bit easier to talk to than my dad.