Chapter 33

Toby's POV

Spencer and I were curled up together watching the flames burn in the fireplace. We'd been sitting in silence for a while now. Not an awkward silence; a comfortable silence.

"Spence?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"The other day, at lunch, Alison came over to me to talk about, well, Yvonne again. And she threatened me and... you." I told her.

"Hey, it's okay. I can handle myself." She said.

"But, what if she's serious, what is she hurts you?"

"She won't Tobes. And anyway, I know I have you here to protect me." She said and kissed my hand.

"You definitely do."

***

"Can you believe it's almost summer?" Mona squealed.

"Yay!" Spencer said and I could hear the sarcasm in her voice. "More time with my family."

"Hey, don't be a downer. I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of calls from you, asking me to cover for you while you accidentally fell asleep at Toby's." Mona smirked and Spencer elbowed her lightly. I just chuckled at Mona's comment.

Ring.

"Ugh." Mona sighed.

"Just think. It's nearly summer." Spencer smiled.

"You're not funny." Mona said before turning and heading to her next class.

"I'll see you later?"

"Yes." She nodded and kissed me before we went in opposite directions.

Spencer's POV

As I was walking down to my next class I feel someone grab my arm and pin me to the wall.

"Listen here, bitch. You're going to break up with Toby and you're going to stay away from him." Alison hissed.

"Alison get off me! Why would I do that anyway?"

"Yvonne really likes him and Toby deserves so much more than you." She snapped.

"She may like Toby, but I love him. And Yvonne and Toby will not be getting together anytime soon." I said throwing her arm off me but she grabbed onto my wrist as I tried to walk away.

"Don't act so innocent. I know the reason you were 'sick' all those weeks ago. How do you think the school would react if they found out about your little problem. What do you think would happen to Toby if they found out he could be associated with drugs?" Alison replied with a smirk on her face.

"How... how do you know about that?" I asked.

"How would mummy and daddy react if it got out that their daughter was a drug addict?"

"Alison just leave me alone."

"I will. If you break up with Toby." She said and let go off my wrist.

"Please Alison, you can't tell anybody."

"Of course I can." She smirked.

"Is there anything else I can do?" I pleaded.

"If it's too hard I'll break up with him for you." She chuckled.

I lowered my head towards the ground. "Fine, I'll do it." I mumbled.

"Great. Thanks for cooperation." She smiled and stalked off.

I felt tears well up in my eyes at the thought of Toby. What would his parents think of me if they knew I was a drug addict?

I quickly made my way to the bathroom and tried to compose myself.

***

I quickly ran to my locker after class and grabbed my books. I tried to make it out of the school before Toby had a chance to catch me.

"Hey Spencer!" I heard him shout but I just kept walking.

I quickly jumped into my car and drove back to my house.

I arrived back at my house and received a call from Toby. I decided to answer it seeing as it would seem weirder if I didn't.

"Hey."

"Hey, what happened? You ran off today?" Toby asked.

"Oh, nothing. I just had to get back home. I've got a bunch of work to do." And that was technically true.

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah, yeah I know. Sorry Tobes I gotta get back to work. I'll call you later."

"Okay, bye."

A/n
Shorter chapter, I know. Just thought I'd end it here. If you guys have any ideas of what should happen next message me or comment.

If you do message me or have messaged me before and I didn't reply that's because I can't reply on this app. My email doesn't work so I can't send confirmation and all. But just to the ppl who have sent me sweet messages and all Id like to say thanks.

You know who you are.