Chapter 10

Spencer POV

*end of school Wednesday!*

"I wish you didn't have to me up with Noel." Toby sighed as it was the end of the day.

Today I'm scheduled to meet up with Noel Kahn for a English project we have. I would love to hang out with Toby but I also can't blow of this English assignment. Anyway, I see Toby every morning of practically everyday.

"I know Toby. I'll call you later, okay?" I say and then Noel walks up behind us.

"Hey Hastings. Toby?" He said in his deep, slick voice.

"Hi Noel. Okay, bye Spence. Call me." He kissed my lips and quickly left through the hallway. Today Toby said he was going to walk home which he said was fine.

"So, Hastings, I'll meet you back at mine. In 10?" He asks.

"Sure. I'll see you there." I nod and quickly grab my English things from my locker.

I remember the address Noel told me about yesterday so I drive to his place. It was a big, white, modern sort of house. I knock on the door, the big oak doors, and Noel answers.

"Hey, you found my house then. Come in." He says and gestures me inside.

"Nice house." I say looking around and nodding my head.

"Thanks Hastings. So, my parents are out so there's no one here but us."

"And that's supposed to reassure me." I joke.

After they me and Noel got off to a really good start. We made a lot of progress on our assignment and later that night I told him I would have to leave.

"Well, I'll see you in English, Hastings!" He says opening the door for me once again.

"Bye Noel." I smile and exit his house.

I drive back home to see both my parents cars parked outside. They're never usually both home this early but it's not that strange. They both probably had clear schedules after work.
I drift into the kitchen sitting my keys on the side bench. They both turn the heads when they see me come in.

"Where have you been?" My dad asks. Like I literally just walked in!

"I was working on my English project with a friend." I say and I began to make some coffee for myself.

"And why would you need help on your English? You're not falling behind, are you?!" My dad practically demands.

"No of course I'm not!" I defend myself, "it was a joint project."

"Okay, but if I find out you're falling behind-"

"Dad I'm not!" Ugh, sometimes I hate my parents. I wait for the coffee impatiently and once it's ready I quickly make my way upstairs.
Once I'm upstairs I check my phone and look through my emails then my messages. One unread messages. It's from Toby.

Hey babe. You back yet. Call me x
-Toby.

Did he just send an 'x'. Does he feel the same way about me like I about him? Shut up Spencer! I tell myself, it's nothing! I quickly text him back,

Hey Tobes, I'm just back. I'll call you soon. I'm just gonna get a quick shower x
-Spence

I didn't want to be rude and not return the 'x' I was just being polite. That was all.