Chapter 22

Toby's POV

I quickly got up from the bed and quietly opened the door. There was a light on, in the bathroom, at the end of the hall. The door was open a little.

"Spencer?" I whispered as I pushed the door open a little more.

There she stood. Just gazing at herself in the mirror. She held her top up a little and I could see the bruising over her stomach. It broke my heart seeing her like this. But it also made me angry to thinking someone could do that do her. And that someone was Ian.

"Hey, Spence, what are you doing?" I whisper.

"T-Toby?" She says glancing over to me.

"Hey, it's going to be okay Spence."

"I don't think it is." She mutters as she wrapped her arms around my waist. "I don't think it is."

I held her tight not wanting to let go of her... EVER.

***

"Morning beautiful." I say as she slowly opened her eyes.

"M-Morning." She muttered, "What time is it?"

"Just after 10:00." I told her.

"How did we lie in so late?"

"You were up since four." I reminded her.

"Oh... yeah." She nodded. "C-Can I borrow your phone for a second?"

"Of course." I handed my phone to her and she swiped to the camera section. She glanced at herself in the reflection and traced the small bruise on her cheek with her fingertips. "Hey, you look beautiful. No matter what."

"Do you think you could text Mona. Tell her to bring emergency pack one?" She asks.

"Eh... sure." I say, "What's emergency pack one?"

"It's just... you'll see if she brings it."

"Okay..." I pick up my phone and go to Mona's  contact that Spencer put in my phone. I text her:

Hey Mona. It's Toby here. Spencer told me to ask you to bring her emergency pack one, to my house? Thanks.

About ten minutes later my phone chimes and it's a reply from Mona.

I'll be there in 20 minutes.
-Mona

"She said she'd be here in twenty." I tell Spencer. 

"Thanks." I go to stand up but Spencer's grabs my hand, "Can we stay here... for a few more minutes... please?"

"Of course." I say and I lay back down behind her. She snuggles her head into my chest and I wrap my arm around her shoulder.

About exactly twenty minutes later there are a few frantic knocks at the downstairs door. Spencer asked me to go answer it and tell her she'd explain tomorrow. I quickly hop down the stairs and open the front door.

"Hey Toby." Mona says energetically.

"Hey Mona. Spencer said she'd explain all tomorrow."