30: Walking Forward Without Looking Back

I crawled from the tree to where Mia was... it was a long, and arduous crawl, but after a short time I made it.

Blood loss, as well as muscle fatigue, broken bones, various cute and scratches, all made this a neigh impossible feat. However, soon after starting it, and gaining a few more fun marks on my arms, I made it over there. Mia, who I thought was already dead, was on her last breaths...

"I am so, so, so sorry.... my inability made you like this!" I burst into tears right there infront of her.

"No, no,no, don't you cry. This is on me... though I should be the one crying, I am dying after all... hahaha." She must be hysterical, I thought

*Cough* a mouthful of blood came pouring out of her, completely covering herself in blood.

"Is it dead?" She look at me quizically.

"Yeah...deader then dead. You slaughtered it." I said

"Thats good." She smiled. It truly had to be a beautiful smile, because at that moment I swear to you, you sky lit up and from the cloude, it almost seemed like a spotlight had appeared onto her, illuminating her in a way that of a fallen hero gets a send off.

"My only regret.." she whispers, barely audible, "... Couldn't find her."

I understood the point, but at that moment, she finally passed away. Her stomache, impaled to make her seem standing, but with an arched back on her, arms laying at her sides, facing downward. Her smile, beautiful is the only word to describe it. Blood had stuck to her face from her mouth down, but it only hoped to show the brilliant battle she had fought at the end.

After a long while passed, I shakily stood up. "Don't you worry. I swear two things to you, and let the gods and Frella, who I know will keep me to this promise, bear witness. One, I will find your sister and protect her. Two, I will avenge you both. No matter the cost"

At this moment a voice came to ear. "I can train you," it said "but at a cost."

"What is the cost?"

"Being a ranger again will be impossible."

"... As I said, no matter the cost."

-A.N
So now Kael/Cam is giving up the Ranger Path to exact revenge! Whos voice is that? And will she get her powers back? Post what you think!!!