Chapter 25: Flashback (4)

Slowly, as if climbing to the heavens, I stood up. Mia immediately came over to me to help, seeing as I struggled greatly. What I had not realized was that my leg was cast with various bandages. Onlookers would have to think to themselves what exotic injuries did this girl suffer for such treatment to be needed. My back, from malevolent treatment, was smeares with cream and herbs of various kinds and entities. Even some hundred year old herbs used.
-------
Authors note: the older the age of a herb, the better quality and as such, the cost itself also skyrockets. Herb qualities are usually described as:
1 year old,
10,
100,
1000,
10000(unless found, they are considered ancients, and saved for kings to use as they can be life saving herbs, where even on the brink of death, it can cause one to be brought back to full health shortly after use...)
-------

"We still don't have a name..." Mia persisted.

"... What's that?"pointing toward a nearby vase, I evaded her question.

"Those are flowers, which symbolize longevity and faithfulness. When they bloom, it symbolizes the coming of spring. The flowers are called Camellia's... Camillia... Cam! Thats your name!" She got uber excited very suddenly.

I groaned, but said nothing to stop her. Frankly, it is truly better than some of the names she was coming up with. Plus, I will be alive for a long time...

"-No complaints?!?! No bitching? You do like it!" She squeeled.

"May we please just go get something to eat?" Nearly begging I had to ask.

"Um, sure!... ah, this may shock you just a little, but, erm, my dad kinda wanted to meet you, seeing as how you came in unconcious and all.. don't worry, hes a... decent man!"

"And your dad is...?" I questioned, trying to pry out this simple bit of information.

"He's the king." She sounded deflated.

"Then unto meet the king we shall." I said flatly.

We walked out of the room, her assisting me all the way to meet him. After passing through at least 14 hallways, and about a bajillion guards, we finally reached a relatively long room where near the end of it sat a burly man on a throne, red wine in a golden goblet next to him, and at least 90 guards in black- the air they gave off, even from around 60 meters away, was truly a little frightening... one could tell that these men had seen countless battlefields, and countless lives of friends, families, and foes alike, being thrown away into the endless chaos.

"Hello, dear. How are you?" The King called out to his daughter, nearly no emotion seen on his face except a cold gleam flashing through his eyes. It can be seen that although they may exchange courtesy sayings, no love way truly felt.

"Hello, father, I brought my new siste-"

"Maid. You mean. I only have two daughters non-counting you. I can't recall having another."

Mia gnashed her teeth slightly.

"Friend, father. A friend."

"Call her as you like." He released a long sigh, one which seemed to take forever to end.

"Tell father," he continued " why you wasted so much precious medicine on a friend who has no other value then eating my food, drinking my wine, and wasting your time when you should be finding your sister in the outside world? Hm? No comment? Stupid cunt." He wispered the last part, but it was still audible enough for everyone else in the hall to hear it.

"Hey, fat donkey. You know nothing about me, know nothing of my past, and know nothing of my future. Your daughter is someone I admire, sir, because she is someone with the compassion to put up with trash like you, when you call on her. If it wasn't for the fact that she was hunting a-"

I stopped talking. The King radiated off a slight killing intent at this point, though I have no idea when it began, yet as if to his calling, I felt a prick in my neck- one of the black clothed men held a dagger to my throat.

"Miss, your right, I don't know anything about you, so, thats why, I have no pain when I tell them to kill you." He said.

I felt the dagger start to move, and in that same moment I moved back a forth of a step, and twisting my torso so my elbow connected solidly with the man, I made sure my center of gravity was good, before grabbing the mans outstreched are and throwing him infront of me. Caught by suprise the man had no idea how to act before a dagger was pressed to him throat, ready to pierce his neck if he moved. Mia took this moment to intervene.

"-And now, father, you know what she is capable of. Threaten my friend or mistreat her, and you will suffer. This meeting is over, lets go, Cam."

I liked the sounding of that ending, with my new nickname.

I smiled.

-----
And now you know why the king hates me.
-----

Authors Note:

Chapter thoughts?!?! :)