8. Secrets

Courtney's POV

One month later:

Every single day is pretty much the same cycle. I get up, go to work, film videos, write new scripts and go home and sleep. The only thing or person that breaks that cycle is Shayne.

It has been a long time since I broke up with my ex, Wahlid and I have completely moved on. Now I have another boy problem and this time it is about my best friend.

Why does it have to be him? There are plenty of other guys in the city and why did I end up having strong feelings for Shayne?

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Shayne and he has been out of character for weeks now. I went over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Oh, hey Court! Didn't notice that you were there!" he said after realizing that I was standing next to him.

"Are you alright? You look so distracted and that has been happening for a long time now. I am really worried about you." I said while looking at him.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I am just stressed out. That's all! You don't have to worry about anything." he answered while looking at the ground.

"You know that you can talk to me when you have a problem right? I am always here for you." I smiled at him. He stood up and hugged me.

"I am also here for you whenever you have issues to deal with" he whispered to my ears. After we pulled away from the hug, I started going but to my desk.

"Hey Court!" he said, turning to him.

"Yeah?"

"What were you talking about with Olivia in her car a few weeks ago?" he looked at me directly to my eyes. I couldn't help but get lost in his eye.

Should I tell him the truth or not? Urgghh! Why is this so complicated?

"I was just talking to her about my family and how annoying they are sometimes. Why do you ask?" I quickly told him, curiously wondering why he wants to know what my conversation with Olivia was about.

"Oh nothing. It looked like it was something serious. Never mind."

"It that all?"

"Yup! Thanks!"

"No problem!"

I went back to my desk and pretended to work.

A few weeks ago:

After we shot the squad vlog, I looked over Shayne and he didn't look well. I asked him if he is okay.

"Yeah, I think I just feel sick."

"Why don't you go home and rest. We don't really have anything to do today."

"You're right. Thanks Court!". I smiled and hugged him

"Get well soon!"

I took off and found Olivia.

"Liv Liv! Need to talk to you. It is emergency!" I whipered yelled at her.

"Let's go!" she grabbed my forearm and dragged me to her car. She sat on the driver's seat and I sat on the passenger seat.

"Okay... Tell me!"

I couldn't really think straight. I didn't know what she would think of me. Am I stupid for liking Shayne?.

"What should I do? How do I get rid of this feelings? Could I just see Shayne as my friends? Why did I have to..."

"Woah! Calm down Courtney. Tell me what happened."

"I don't think that my feelings for Shayne has something to do with the break up. I really do believe that I really like him. As in more than friends."

"I understand Courtney. I do believe you now that you have feelings for Shayne. But do you realize what you got yourself into? You are not just jeopardizing your friendship with Shayne, you're also putting your job on the line!"

"I know that! But what can I do? Should I tell him? And let's say that there is no rule about dating co-workers, do you think that he will feel the same way. I am not pretty and not that smart..." I was getting teary. She pulled me in for a hug.

"You are beautiful funny and intelligent! Every guy would be lucky to have you! Maybe he might actually like you? Who knows? But how do you feel? Do you feel like you're ready to tell him how you feel?"

I stared at her, trying to think for an answer.

"I really don't know. I don't want to make things awkward between us."

"If you're ready to tell him, go for it. In the meantime, why don't you on dates. It will help you distract yourself from Shayne and all of these things."

"Thanks Liv! You are truly a great friend!"

"Hey Courtney and Shayne!" We are about to shoot SSSS in 30 minutes. Get ready." Sunny came in and announced.

"Thanks!" "Will do!" we replied. I stood up and went to the dressing room. All I could think about is when to tell him about this...