40. Crazy Set Up and Realization

One thing, which is upsetting, is how two people could be so in denial of their own emotions and feelings. And what is worse is how they wouldn't listen and be stubborn about it. What I remember what my mother told me is if you love somebody, faint will bring you two together, no matter the circumstances. I know that most of it is just cliche and dramatic, but it's true.

Olivia was deep in my train of thought, before she noticed someone waving their hand in front of me. She snapped back to reality and recognized that it was Keith.

"Hey Keith! What's up?"

"You alright Liv? You seemed so distracted." Keith sat down on one of the office's bean bag chairs and placed his computer on his lap to start writing new ideas for future videos.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just... you know what it is... how things in the office are..." she was lost in words. It made sense in her head, but she couldn't put it in words.

"You have got to be more specific about it."

"What I mean is how Courtney and Shayne don't see or are too blind to see how they are perfect for each other!" she shouted in the room, which might be heard from the other rooms and hallways. Keith stopped what he was doing. He looked at Olivia, before giving her a smirk.

"Hold on now! What are trying to say?"

Olivia can be a weirdo. In fact, she is probably the weirdest in the whole Smosh crew, but she could come up with the best schemes.

"Maybe all Shayne and Courtney need is to spend time together. Alone. Somewhere." Olivia had a million dollar smirk plastered on her face.

"My only worry obviously is if my plan won't work and-"

"Let's not jump to conclusions now shall we." She sighed and went to the couch with Keith following from behind.

Just in time, Noah came in the room before the pair started planning their ridiculous, yet clever set up for the lost pair.

"Uh... what are you guys up to?" Noah was so confused.

"Just come and sit with us, before we tell it to you."

-----

Courtney started to have her normal life back. Writing new skits, filming, acting. It was like when she started working in Smosh. Except for the fact that she is a mother.

She let out a small laugh. She was currently hanging out with the Smosh Games crew. As they were playing Minecraft.

She missed having Sohinki and Lasercorn around. But she enjoyed the company of Boze and Damien as well.

After they stopped filming, Courtney felt someone dragging her. She tried to get away from the grasp, but the person who was holding her was strong.

"Wait! Where are you taking me?!" she exclaimed.

"Because I need your help!" a female voice started speaking. Courtney used all of her strength to release herself from the hold.

"Seriously Liv!! Why did you have to do that!?" she cried out. They were alone in the former set of SSSS.

"Sorry about that... I just need to talk to you..." Olivia whispered to her.

"Liv, you don't have to whisper. It's just us here."

"Anyways, James has this cousin that is a fan of Smosh and she is your super fan... and I kinda promise her that I would have you meet up with her and spend time together."

"I still don't know why you have to drag me here."

Courtney loved her fans and of course she would agree. The fact that she had to be dragged in the room was strange.

"Yeah sure I would love to meet her!" she replied.

"Great! Thanks! Now let's go for lunch!"

"I couldn't agree more..."

-----

Courtney had Mari babysit Lucas for her together with her fiance, Peter. She was just finishing some last touches to her makeup before grabbing her bag and going to her car.

She was excited to meet James' cousin. She loved her fans so much and appreciate them. This was the least she could do for a big fan.

She arrived at the destination that Olivia gave to her.

A beach?

She saw that the parking lot was empty except for two cars, her's and someone else's. She stepped out of her car and noticed rose petals on the floor. A path.

"This is weird..."

Out of curiosity, she followed the trail, which led to a small table set up in the middle of the beach, with some twinkly lights around.

"You have got to be kidding me Olivia!" she breathed out the words.

Oh she is so dead!

Courtney was so mad and frustrated that she didn't notice someone behind .

"Courtney."

She turned around and saw Shayne in a shirt and normal dark jeans. Casual yet it looked good on him.

"Shayne? What are you doing here?" she raised her eyebrows, thinking that maybe he was also set up.

"Well according to Keith, her sister is in town and I was supposed to meet them here, with Noah, to hang out... guess that's a lie..." he chuckled slightly to ease the tension. It made things more awkward.

"Um... how about you?"

"All you have to know is that those two as well as Olivia will be dead when I see them..."cursing to herself.

All a sudden, she just kept her eyes on the ocean and listening to the water. It calmed her down. Shayne was also staring at the same direction. The view of the ocean sunset with Courtney. Her golden locks shimmering. It made him want to tell her what his biggest desire.

"Um... Courtney... Can I talk to you?" he asked, making Courtney turn to his direction. She nodded and he continued.

"I know that I was a jerk... and I am still sorry about that. But the past months made me realize that I still want to be with you."

He walked towards her. Courtney was already beginning to get nervous.

"I want to wake with you in my arms. I want to spend time with you and be there for you and Lucas."

Shayne cupped Courtney's face and looked at her emerald eyes.

"Courtney, will you-"

"Shayne, I am sorry. I have to go." she pushed his hand and walked away. She couldn't believe what just happened.

Shayne was left standing in the beach, feeling he lost her again.