19. Two Lovers Together

Courtney's POV

Two months later:

I'm going to my car, about to head home after work. Suddenly I heard someone called my name.

"Courtney!" I turned around and saw Shayne, running towards me.

"Shayne?! What are you doing? Why were you running?" he was panting and took a deep breath and held my hands. He looked at me in the eyes

"Courtney, I love you! Ever since we met, i've always felt something special with you. I know that you don't feel..."

"I love you too!" I interrupted him. I smiled to him and he started leaning in. I followed his lead and I knew exactly what's going to happen...

"Ow!" I woke up on the floor.

It was just a dream. Might not happen in real life. Probably never will.

I slowly got up and lay on my bed. I took my phone to check the time.

"Fuck!" It was still 5:30 in the morning. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't, which sucks.

I decided to look at my social media for 30 minutes before my previous dream came to my head.

"Courtney, that will never happen! It's just a dream!" I said to myself. I went to change my clothes, put on some makeup, fixed my hair and left the house to go to Starbucks for some coffee.

As I was driving, the dream keeps coming back and it was making me upset. I wish that it was true. I wish that that would happen. I arrived at Starbucks, ordered my usual coffee and drove straight to the office. I needed some sort of distraction.

I noticed that nobody is still here.

"I wonder why." I sarcastically said to myself. I went to my desk and opened my laptop, hoping that I could write a new idea. I plugged my earplugs on and started listening to music.

After an hour, I saw from the corner of my eyes that Shayne came in. I waved at him and pretended to go back to work. I heard him sitting on his office chair and started his laptop.

There was just an uncomfortable silence and it was making me really nervous.

Should I tell him? Yes! Today is the day. I will tell him. But what if he... Screw it! I will tell him!

I unplugged my earplugs and stood up. I heard him stood up as well. He turned around and walk over to me.

"I need to tell you something!" we both said together, making both of us blush.

"No, um... you go first!" he offered.

"No,no. You g-go f-f-first. I wa-want to hear what you want to say." I was stuttering like an idiot. He looked down and held my hands. I can feel that he is very nervous. He took a deep breath and looked at me in the eyes.

"Look Courtney... I understand that if you don't feel the same way... I love you! I want to be with you. I always have this connection with you that I can't explain and ever since that kiss that we shared, I felt something that i've never felt with other girls that I've kissed... and that proved my point and made me realize that I'm in love with you... I know that this sounds cheesy but it's true. I love you and I hope that you feel the same way."

I feel like I was about to cry of joy. This is definitely the happiest day.

"I love you too Shayne! You make me feel special, something that I never felt. I didn't say anything because I was afr... I'm still am afraid that you would reject me and ruin what we already have... I was thinking on leaving because I don't think I would be able to handle you ignoring me every single day... I'm sorry that I didn't tell you." I mumbled the last part. I looked on the floor, with tears running down my cheeks.

He used his finger to lift my head. He cupped his hands at my face and wiped the tears with his thumbs. He started leaning in at me and he closed his eyes. I closed my eyes and felt our lips touch. It was amazing. I put my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Even though our kiss lasted only for 5 seconds, it was magical. It's what i've always imagined a kiss should be. We pulled away, smiling at each other, with him still holding me. He tucked a strand of my hair to my ear.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" he whispered to me.

"I would love to!" I squealed, making him chuckle. We looked at each others eyes and went for another short, more passionate kiss. Just like the ones in my dreams.

Author's Note

Yay!!! They finally admitted it to each other. I'm sorry if it took forever for them to be together. I just wanted to build up the story!! Thanks for the 2K readers!!!! I really appreciate it and hopefully, you guys will like the upcoming chapters. Feel free to comment and vote on my story!! Thank you and love you!!! 😄💞