~16~

As soon as Klayton took Johnny I sat down beside the bed and told her to tell me everything, and all the trouble she was in...and why they wanted her dead...Kc kept her eyes closed as tears ran down her face and slowly said to me...that she didn't want me getting involved...or to put me or Johnny in danger. I quickly grabbed her and told her to tell me what was going on...so I could protect her...she looked at me and told me that she needed me to protect our son...I kissed her and told her that I needed to protect her too...she looked over at me, and asked me why...I pulled her right up to me and kissed her very deeply and told her that I still was irrevocably in love with her...and I needed her back in my life...then I added how sorry I was for betraying her...and dropped out of the chair and begged her to give me another chance...but only if she told me what kind of trouble she was in.

Kc breathed in deeply and told me that it wasn't what I thought...that she wasn't in any drug trouble...I gave a sigh of relief, and told her I was happy for that...then she said as soon as she had Johnny...she was in so much turmoil financially, and she was too proud to ask her sister for help...and Klayton was having troubles with the courts and getting custody of his son...that she went to loan sharks and accepted a lot of money from them...and now that she couldn't make payments in a while they spiked the interest so high, that she was in way over her head...and they went to her house a few days before I had the reunion, and threatened her son...that's why she left Johnny with me...to keep him safe...but she never thought they would put an official hit out on her.

I stood up and asked her why she didn't come to me for the money...that I would have helped her without thinking twice about it...she just stayed in tears and said she was too mad at me to ask me for anything...I ignored her reasons and asked her how much she owed, and where I could find them...but she just grabbed my hand and told me that she didn't want me to get involved...I jumped up a little pissy and told her I was involved the moment they tried to kill the mother of my son...and the only love of my life...no matter how badly I fucked up with her. Kc slowly sat up in the bed and reached out for me...I very slowly accepted her hand, and let her pull me down to her, and said I made a mistake, but I was a man...and men always made that particular mistake at one time or another...and she over-reacted and should have forgiven me a long time ago...knowing that I regretted it and that I still loved her...then she whispered to me and said she never stopped loving me either...and no matter how hard I made it on her or her on me...she would love to try again.

I fell into her arms at hearing her say that to me...and I just stayed there and thanked her thru my tears...but I quickly snapped out of it when the doctors came in and said she was allowed to be signed out tomorrow...that all her tests came back and they were all good...which I for one was very happy to hear...I kissed her gently on the cheek...so I wouldn't overstep it too quickly and told her I had to get my phone and tell mom and brothers the great news. Kc slowly stood up and asked the nurse if she could use the bathroom...for ever since she woke up she refused to use the bedpan.

I called my mom and told her the great news that Kc was getting out of the hospital tomorrow, and that she was alright...after the initial excitement was over with...they said they wanted to come down and visit as soon as they could...but I jokingly told them to take their time...because there was a lot of things I wanted to...um to rekindle with her first...and I needed all the time I could spare just to be with her...then I hung up the phone after I told them bye and I loved them all...then I stayed with Kc a little longer until it got late, and she told me I should get some sleep...so I told her she was so right...for I was driving tomorrow...so I gave a humorous grin and hopped in the bed beside her, and snuggled down with her and slowly went to sleep.

That was the first time, Kc has been that close to me since she left me...and she missed me more than ever at that moment...she teared up a little bit, and gently brushed my hair away from my eyes, and kissed me on the forehead...and told me she was glad I was still a part of her life...and that she really missed her Sexy Greek Houdini...then she slowly slid down and turned out the hospital bed light, and snuggled up next to me and fell asleep holding me in her arms...the night sentry was standing at full alert right outside the door, to make sure no one bothered her while she was at the hospital.

I already had it figured out...as soon as we got out of the hospital...I was going to make her take me to these loan sharks...and I was going to pay her debt off in full...and make sure they left her alone from now on...so she could live worry free and take care of our son and me...my mind was made up...Kc was going to be mine again whether she meant what she said or not...I wasn't in the mood for taking no for an answer...and Johnny wanted us together as well...so majority rules...and boy this was very childish of me to be so demanding...but I had to make my point known and clear.