~17~

I woke up with Kc laying in my arms in the hospital bed, I gently rolled over her and kissed her very gently on the lips, and got out of the bed...and put my shoes and shirt on...then I headed out to the front to get the papers all wrote up...for her release. After I got the papers all filled out, I headed back into the room, where Kc was just putting on her clothes...I almost forgot how beautiful she was...but I suddenly felt guilty about watching her without her knowing...and backed out of the room and told her I was coming in...Kc smiled to herself and told me that it was ok to come in.

I walked in and jokingly asked her if she was ready to get the hell out of the hospital...she rolled her eyes at me and told me she was so ready to go...I walked her out of the hospital and helped her into my car, and as I turned over the ignition, I asked her where she would like me to take her...after she took me to the people she owed money too...and by the way I was looking at her, she knew I wasn't joking...so she gave me the directions to the building, and when I parked the car, I told her to come in with me...so they would know who I was paying for.

Kc followed me into the building...once we were inside, there were several tables with people sitting, gambling, and talking money...she pointed me to the table with the man she made the deal with...and I walked up to the table and told him that I had some business to take care of...as soon as the man saw Kc and that she was still alive...he knew what I was there for. I didn't beat around the bush with him...and asked him how much Kc owed him...he opened his books and showed me all the money she borrowed...then all past due payments she missed, plus all the built up interest...with the grand total of being $350,000 dollars...then he added, that if it was a few hundred thousand dollars less...he would have never sent the hit out on her...but he couldn't afford the loss of that much money...not even for a lovely lady.

I pulled out my checkbook...but he stood up that he didn't like checks...that they could bounce, or be hot...I told him who I was, and assured him I was good for it...or he could wait a couple days and I could come back with the cash...but either way he would have to wait a little bit longer...he said he would wait...but before he walked off, I told him if I paid him...that he needed to call off the hit on my girl...because I rather liked her the way she was. He gave me a wicked grin and said as soon as he got his money...the hit would be gone. I shook my head in agreement and walked out with her...and headed straight to the bank, and told them I needed to close out one of my accounts...and I told them I needed $350,000 of it to be in cash...it took the bank hours to make it work...but as soon as I got the cash I put it in a stainless steel suitcase and locked it.

Kc asked me if I was going to take it to them now...but I told her no, that I was going to make them wait...that way they knew I was a man of my word...if I took it to them today, they'd know I was afraid and timid...if I took it late...they would put another hit on her again...but they gave me two days...and first thing on the second day...was when I was going to deliver it to them. I changed the subject and asked her where she wanted me to take her now that the business was in the works...she looked at me and asked me why I was willing to pay that much money to get her out of trouble...I stopped the car instantly and stared right into her eyes and told her because I loved her...so did our son...and there was nothing I wouldn't fail to do for her.

Kc didn't say another word after that...until I came to the four-way...which led to her house on the right, and my house was straight across...I asked her where too?...she looked over at me and said straight ahead...then added humorously home James...I smiled at her and told her that Crazy Crissy be a good boy...and drove straight ahead to Serenity...once I pulled up in the driveway...we both noticed Rachel's little mustang parked on the side...Kc knew she was worried about Kc...after I told her thru the phone that her accident was a staged hit on her...so I needed to tell her that it was all taken care of, and Kc was going to be safe.

Kc and I both told Rachel that it was all settled...but to keep Kc from having her pride broken anymore...I didn't bring it up to Rachel that she was in trouble with Loan Sharks...we just told her that the problem was being fixed...and they wouldn't be coming after Kc anymore...then on a happier note...I hollered loudly that Kc was giving me a second chance with her...and there was no way in hell I was going to mess up a second time...for now it wasn't just me and her...it was our son too...and I always said there was nothing more important than family. After we both gave Rachel and hug and kiss goodbye...I escorted Kc into the house, and let her get used to it...I so wanted to take her up to the bedroom and reignite our relationship.

I held myself back...just for the fact that we haven't been with each other in three years...and I didn't want to rush it...even though I was majorly yearning for her touch...after her look over thru the house, she asked where she would be sleeping...for after the very excited day she was tired...I smiled at her and said if she wasn't ready to sleep together she could have a room to herself...I showed her to the room closest to the master bedroom and showed her in...she thanked me and crawled in after removing her shoes, and was sound asleep...I went up to her and gently kissed her forehead...and whispered welcome back my Sweet Bess...then I turned off the light and went to my room to take a catnap with Hammie.