Goodnight, I Love You

The dress I found for Hayley's wedding was simple. Stormy grey, champagne shape, and just above the ankle. It was plain, but this wasn't my wedding. I had it rested on the bed and went downstairs.

The wedding set up looked beautiful, but knowing Klaus and his thought for Hayley marrying Jackson weren't exactly subtle. Everything looked sort of swamp like. I don't know whether to be angry or laugh.

I walked downstairs to see Elijah and Camille with Eden. "Why are you two here? I thought I told you to go somewhere safe. Finn could be anywhere." I tell them. "I have taken precautions. There will be no uninvited guests at the wedding, and the werewolves will be the first line of defense to protect our home." Klaus tells me with a smile.

I sigh and cross my arms, worried. "No more running, darling." Klaus orders.

I look to Klaus and Elijah, both giving me reassuring nods. I smile and take Eden from Camille's arms. Eden cooed excitedly and Cami and I laughed. Klaus left the room as I turned to Hayley and Jackson.

"Eden, this is Jackson. Jackson, this is Eden." I smile.

Jackson takes Eden's finger and shakes it. I laugh as Eden squeals at the new meeting. "Well, you two get ready. You are getting married today." I wiggle my eyebrows. I turn around and hand Eden to Camille before heading up the stairs to the living room.

I enter the room to see Klaus taking a shot of liquor. "Already? I thought we were taking body shots later." I joke. Klaus stays quiet. "I thought you'd be happy now that we're a family." I furrow my brow.

"I'm overjoyed. Everyone happens to ruin all that I prepare for, so I'm not so overjoyed about that." Klaus tells me. "Like what?" I ask. "Elijah's love for Hayley may dissuade her from the marriage, causing our defenses to crumble, Finn attempting to destroy our family, and finally, Aunt Dahlia's curse." Klaus explained.

"Klaus, it's all going to be okay." I touch his shoulder and he turns to face me. 

"Is it, Harper?"

I sigh and walk over to the couch. "Come here." I order, sitting on the soft cushion. Klaus walks over and sits next to me. I sigh and stand again before grabbing each of his legs and laying them across the couch.

I then lay on him and wrap his arms around me. "What are you doing?" Klaus couldn't help but chuckle at my immaturity. "I'm showing you the art of relaxation. We both need it." I sigh heavily as I snuggle into him.

Silence fell upon us for a few minutes. "Let's have no fear today. Elijah knows that Hayley needs to get married, Finn will take a minute before he gathers his wits, and we don't even know if your Aunt is alive." I tell him.

"The universe always finds a way for spit in my face."

"Listen, today is a good day. Hayley is getting married, our child is safe and in her home, and we are here together." I tell him. Klaus nods and kisses the top of my head. "I love you." He sighed. "I love you too." I smile.

"We need to get ready for the wedding, love."

"Right." I sigh, standing up. Klaus stood and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "No, worrying today, got that?" I tell him. "Got it." Klaus assured me. I went to my tiptoes and placed a kiss on his lips.

"See you downstairs." I tell him, pulling away.

I leave the room and go to the bedroom. I grabbed my dress and threw it on. I put on a light amount of makeup and pulled my hair into a curly bun. I put on my shoes and looked in the mirror. 

I swayed my dress a bit and the door opened behind me. It was Camille with Eden in her arms. Camille had on a floral dress she probably found from Rebekah, if she even owned floral, and was all ready.