Percy Jackson Learns How To Fly

Percy:Are you drunk?
1:13

Jason:NO!! Just...ignore that
1:14
Jason:Please
1:14

Percy:Are you high?
1:14

Jason:No! Just,no
1:15
Jason:We need to meet up so we can
head to the museum. Where R you?
1:16

Percy:Coffee shop on 24th and
5th
1:16

I stared blankly down at my phone, this guy really was an idiot. He was one of those cute but kinda dumb guys. A jock, maybe?

"Jason and the girls are coming to meet us" I told Leo and Nico, "Can you text Hazel or Frank?" I asked Nico and he nodded. While we waited an argument started about whether or not Leo was as cute as he thought he was.

Jason was unfortunate enough to walk up right as Leo shouted, "I can't believe you think Jason is better looking than me!" Only he stopped yelling did he realized the awkwardness of the situation.

Without a word I picked up the small elf, handed him over to the confused blonde man and walked forward speedily.

We met Hazel and Frank outside a downtown theatre and proceeded to the museum.

As the sun crept down I began feeling the adrenaline kicking in. Jason shuffled up behind me, "are you sure this is okay?". I turned to look at him "who cares? We're supposed to get the box. Let's get the box!"

"How are you supposed to sneak into a museum again?" I mused. With a loud crash, Nico Di'angelo's pale fist was flung through a side window. "Here take these" Frank said and pulled almost a dozen black masks out of his expansive jacket pockets.

"I feel awesome!" I said bouncing like a child. We all marched through the door that Nico had forcefully opened via window.

The museum was filled with exhibits​ of dinosaurs and shiny rocks, yay.

I led the way through the museum, noticing the lack of consistency in the displays. Sometimes they looked geared towards children and sometimes they were too confusing for even Annabeth to understand.

As we wandered the building itself seemed to be getting older, until the paint was completely peeled off and brick could be seen underneath.

I brushed my hand along the wall of the hallway until it opened into a large space. A single pedestal in the center of the room. Nine sets of varied footsteps echoed as we all edged towards it. The room shuddered and shook as brick crashed down, blocking the doorway.

Without hesitation Frank and Thalia shot to the entrance and began throwing aside bricks. Several others went to join, I turned and silently snuck towards the pedestal. A box about the size of a cigar box was resting in the middle of it. The poor thing looked like it had suffered from years of oxidation, and was probably rusted shut.

I picked up the box and grunted at it's unexpected weight. The floor around me jolted down, making me grab onto the pedestal for dear life, before jerking back up again.

I was sent flying with the rusty turquoise box grasped tightly in my arms.

I shreiked loudly as I was unwillingly flung across the room, landing in a pair of large arms. Jason looked down at me, "are you okay?"

I flailed weakly and barely managed to sputter out, "Holy fuck"