9. Please Stay Safe

Jeongguk POV

Jeongguk POV

The drive to the airport is an awkward one.

We're both trying to keep the mood light, but we know we're just kidding ourselves.

Although I tried to keep it together on the rooftop, I really am going to miss Taehyung.

He's the only thing in my life that still feels normal. He distracts me from all the bad things going on right now. I won't have anyone to distract me while he's gone. And if I'm not distracted I'll start to think- a lot.

We arrive at the airport early enough to spend some time together before he has to leave. We pick up some breakfast and although our casual conversation seems forced, I'm thankful for it.

"I haven't been on a plane in years. I hope I don't freak out when we take off," he says, mindlessly stirring the straw around his coffee cup.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. This will be good for you."

He looks up from his coffee. "Yeah... I just wish you could come with me," he says, making a typical pouty face. I can't help but laugh at how pitiful he looks.

"Just FaceTime me every night, if you can of course. I don't want to be a bother to you," I say.

"Don't be stupid, of course we're facetiming every night. I can't go a day without seeing that face of yours." He moves his hand to try and pinch my cheek jokingly, but I slap it away before he has the chance.

"Rude," he mutters, trying to contain his laugh.

His laugh. I'm going to miss hearing it in person.

He checks the time on his phone and realizes he needs to make his way to his flight.

As we walk to the destination, I wish time would just go slower. I know it's only 3 weeks, but for Taehyung and I, that might as well be a century.

"Well this is where I have to let you go," I say as we approach the security for the terminals.

"Yeah..." he says, keeping his head hung low.

We stand there for a moment just looking at each other, trying to savor the last time we'll see one another in person for 3 weeks.

Before I know it we're in each other's arms, holding back tears.

Taehyung's head is in the crook of my neck when I hear him whisper, "Please don't do anything you'd regret. Please stay safe. I don't know what I'd do if you left me."

I nod into his chest. "I mean it Jeongguk. If you need me for anything, you know I'll be on the next flight home," he says seriously.

As we pull away his hand trails from my back to my hand, which he gives a reassuring squeeze before turning around and heading off.

I'm left there to contemplate how I'm going to spend these 3 weeks without loosing my mind.

______________________________

AN: this chapter makes me so emo also double update yay.