18. Trust Me

Jeongguk POV

Jeongguk POV

"Will you please just tell me where we're going?" I plead. But he doesn't give in and states that it's a surprise.

I jut out my lower lip and evidently Taehyung takes notice. "Stop pouting, you big baby. You'll like it, I promise," he says.

I let out an exaggerated sigh and continue to stare out the car window, watching the scenery fly by.

Taehyung takes my hand in his and squeezes tight. "Hey, just trust me okay?" He says. I glance over at him and smile while squeezing his hand back in response.

The drive seems to take centuries when we finally arrive at one of my favorite places: the fair. When I see the lights approaching I beam. Taehyung notices and can't help but smile himself.

We proceed through the entrance and almost immediately I'm drawn to a booth with a giant teddy bear display. I gasp at the sight and turn to Tae, who sighs, and walks over to the stand.

"How much is it to play?" He asks the worker, who replies with $5. Taehyung gives me a look that screams, 'that price is utterly ridiculous'. But after presenting my signature pouty face, he hands over the money to the worker.

The game was a ring toss, and quite honestly seemed impossible to win. Despite failure after failure, Taehyung continued to cough up the money to keep playing.

I try countless times to tell him that he can stop attempting to win the bear, but he insists. The carnival worker cons him out of over fifty bucks before he finally wins that thing.

"Why did you spend so much money on that game? I told you I didn't care that much," I say.

He just shrugs and says, "You know I can't resist that fucking look you give me." To which I blush and look down.

We walk around the fair, taking in the sights and as the sun sets we make our way to the Ferris wheel.

From the top of the ride I feel like I can see everything. I watch Taehyung's face light up as fireworks erupt in the sky; the colorful smoke surrounding them captivates me.

"Thank you for bringing me here," I tell him.

He laughs lightly. "Now are you going to apologize for accusing me of kidnapping you earlier?"

I mumble an apology and lean my head on his shoulder.

For the first time in a long time, I feel at peace. I start coughing. "You good?" Tae asks. I nod while trying to contain myself.

Our night is coming to a close and as we walk out of the fair, holding that huge prize teddy bear, I can't help but cough again. This time it's worse. I can't regain my breath.

I stop walking and stumble while Taehyung tries to hold me up, but it's no use. The world goes fuzzy and as my mind fades I start to hear the sounds of sirens and see their flashing red lights.

__________________________________

AN: double update wowee. By the way I have the rest of the book completely finished so I should be updating more often until it's all done. I know very few people read this but if you're one of the few that do then thank you!