21. Take Care

Jeongguk POV

Jeongguk POV

I've shut myself out from everyone, not that I talked to many people before I was diagnosed. My parents are more concerned for my mental health than the cancer itself.

They got me a therapist, but it doesn't help. How can a stranger possibly understand what I'm going through? I feel like I'm beyond help.

I rub my head due to the pain that comes with overthinking. Staring at the ceiling I start to finally drift asleep. If I'm lucky maybe I won't wake up.

As the days pass, my bad thoughts only get worse. I rarely leave my bed and the effects of being sick are wearing on me emotionally.

I get up to get a glass of water from downstairs. When I return to my room I see that I have a voicemail from none other than Taehyung. I unlock my phone and brace myself for what I'm about to hear.

"Hey. I'm sorry. I should probably take the hint by now that you're done talking to me. But I really don't want to give up so easily. You're my best friend and not hearing from you hurts. I hope you're doing alright. I guess I'll stop bothering you, but if you ever change your mind you know where to call. Take care."

It's crazy to hear his voice again, even if he sounded absolutely exhausted. I don't know what to do anymore. I hurt people while I'm alive and I'll hurt them when I'm dead. The latter sounds more appealing to me every day.

_______________________________

AN: yo girl is just trying to not be consumed by college decisions and such. lol help me. also i love that gif so fucking much wowwww