17. I'll Take Care of You

Taehyung POV

Taehyung POV

I'm glad to have Jeongguk everyday. But it's the special days that make me even happier.

"Now don't get too excited because it's not that great," he says and hands me an envelope with my name on it.

I start to open it when I'm interrupted, "WAIT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON'T OPEN IT!" Jeongguk exclaims.

I look at him confused. "Is this not my birthday present?"

"Well, kind of? But you can't open it yet."

I'm still lost at this point. "Then when can I open it?" I ask.

"I don't know exactly. Just please promise not to open it until I tell you? I know it's a lame birthday present but I'm broke and couldn't think of anything else," he says.

"It's okay, I'm sure whatever it says is worth the wait," I say and lightly kiss his forehead.

We sit in silence for a while, enjoying each others company. With him there's not always the need for words.

He jumps up from the couch suddenly and reaches for my hand, to which I gladly give him.

He walks up the stairs and into my room, dragging me close behind him all the way. Once inside I sit on my bed and he closes the door.

"Your parents aren't home right?" He asks and slowly walks over to me.

Heat rushes to my face and I can't help but gulp. "No, they're gone for the night. Jeon Jeongguk, what do you have planned?" I ask.

He lets out a slight giggle and pushes my shoulders back on the bed so I'm lying down. He puts a leg on either side of me, straddling my hips.

"I guess I have a different birthday gift in store," he says, "to make up for what I couldn't buy."

I give him a slightly nervous look before he leans in and brings his lips to mine. His hand caresses my face lightly and I relax a little more.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of you," he whispers before peppering kisses across my face.

"Happy birthday, beautiful," he says.

_________________________________

AN: oops this is short but um I'm sure you can imagine the rest...

Also I haven't updated since her came out and WOW I LOVE. I think mic drop is my fave but they're all such bops??