22. I'm Scared Too

Jeongguk POV

Jeongguk POV

A few more days go by. The thoughts are getting impossible to handle.

It's around 9 at night and my parents have gone out to dinner after I refused to go multiple times. I sit on the cold tile floor in my bathroom, fumbling with a pill container. It would be so easy.

Before I can process what I'm doing I wash down the small white pills and lean my head against the wall. It takes a few minutes for me to realize the severity of my actions.

I didn't want this. I made a mistake. I rush over to the toilet, trying to get anything to come up. When nothing does I make my way to my phone and call the person I thought I'd never talk to again.

"Kookie?" he questions, surprised that it's me.

"Tae, I'm so sorry," I cry out. My head is killing me and my eyes go blurry.

"What do you mean? Is everything okay?"

"I messed up so bad. I took a bunch of pills and I don't know what to do." I gasp between every word, trying my hardest to keep it together. I hear him tell someone in the background to call the police.

"Stay on the phone with me. It's going to be okay," he says. His voice shakes as he speaks.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to do this; I only thought I did. Now I can't fix it."

"Don't be sorry. I should've done more. I should've gone to your house that night and made things better. I should've—"

"No, you did everything. You were perfect. You were always perfect," I say interrupting him. The line goes quiet for a moment. "I'm scared to die, Tae."

"I know. I'm scared too," he says. I'm not sure how long the pills have been in my system but I'm definitely feeling the effects.

"I can't . . . think normal," I express, my mind clouding more and more.

"Keep talking to me. Tell me something, anything."

"I love you so fucking much and I don't know what's going to happen but I know I'll miss you." I'm unsure of if he said he loved me too.

The room is spinning. My head is pounding and my lungs sting. I hear distant sirens. I have so many regrets. My heart is beating rapidly when it all goes black.