13. You Have Really Nice Eyes

Jeongguk POV

Jeongguk POV

I haven't spoken with Taehyung in a couple days and it's absolutely killing me.

Our last encounter was bad to say the least. I don't know what came over me. Jealousy? But why? Why do I care if Taehyung has friends other than me?

I know exactly why but I push that thought as far away as possible.

Taehyung is my friend. Nothing more. If he knew how I felt nothing would be the same.

I lie awake in bed and look over to my alarm clock. 2:47 am.

I sigh, realizing I won't be falling asleep anytime soon. I resort to turning on the TV and mindlessly scrolling through channels in attempts to find something boring enough to put me to sleep.

My daze is interrupted by a faint knocking sound.

I cautiously get out of bed and open my bedroom door, peering out to see if my parents heard the knock as well but it appears they're fast asleep.

I make my way downstairs and look through the peephole in the door to see none other than Taehyung.

My heart drops and my mind rushes, thinking of what he possibly has come here to say.

Slowly but surely I open the door. Taehyung stands there looking down, so I can hardly see his face.

"Tae what are you doing here?" I question.

"Can I come in?" He mumbles, still looking to the floor.

I nod and open the door for him to come in. We make our way to my room, not saying a word along the way.

When we're in my room and I turn the light on, I can finally see Taehyung's face properly. And I'm quite shocked at what I see.

Purple bruises litter his face, a deep gash spread across his cheek, and his lips are swollen. He looks like an absolute mess.

"What the hell happened to you?" I say. As I wait for his response I make my way to the bathroom connecting to my room and rummage for anything I could use to clean him up.

"My parents were fighting again, worse than I'd ever seen," he begins, "My dad, he tried to lay a hand on my mom and I tried to get between them, well, he didn't like that. He took all is anger out on me I guess." He looks up at me with an almost pitiful smile.

I gesture for him to follow me to the bathroom and he does. "I'm sorry I just showed up like this. I didn't know where else to go and I know I just walked out the other day without saying anything and I'm sorry for that too. I was just overwhelmed and I didn't know what to do and I'm sorry that-"

"Shut up and let me fix your face would ya?" I interrupt him. He forces out a light laugh in response and sits on the counter.

"Really though, I'm sorry. I don't want you to hold that against me. I just want things to go back to normal," he says.