Day V: Suspension Part III; Possession

A/N: I apologize for the previous chapter being shorter that usual, I had a shit ton of fuck to do to set up for a presentation in class, but the only reason I got to update on time yesterday was because my psychologist canceled. These next couple of chapters are going to be shorter as well because there's a lot of school related shit I gotta do.

ALSO IMPORTANT THERE IS A PART TWO TO "SUSPENSION" JUST IN CASE ANYONE DIDN'T SEE THAT IT UPDATED.

(Chris's P.O.V.)

I don't know what happened with him  yesterday, even if it was Ronnie. He just... seemed so murderous and I've never seen that side of him before.

Hopefully he won't hurt me either. I mean, he hasn't done anything to me this whole time, but I don't know. It was just the way he sounded when he was choking Ronnie.

I laid in bed, my parents were at work early again, guess the company needed them to cover more shifts. I was thankful since I didn't want to get up to pretend to go to school and go hide somewhere, but on the other hand I didn't want to see Ghost here either. I just wanted to go back to sleep and forget everything.

(Devin's P.O.V.)

I felt horrible that Chris had to see me like that. I felt different now, I felt... rage. Not towards Chris, of course. I've gotten over blaming him for my death. Just towards Ronnie, because he was the one that deceived Chris.

I watched Chris as he lay in bed, I came up along side him and took his hand in mine.

"Go away," He mumbled.

I frowned, "Why?"

"Because, something has gotten into you." He answered, facing away from me.

"Would you have rather had him knock your teeth out?" I asked.

He was silent before he whispered, "No,"

"See?" I stated.

"I just don't like what you did. It was scary: your voice got darker and the sky got darker and the wind started to howl." He explained.

"I wasn't trying to scare you, I was trying to protect you. I don't know what happened, I just remember being so angry." I said while I smoothed his messy hair out.

"You scared me, Ghost." He repeated.

"Please, don't be afraid of me." I whispered, moving to lay beside him.

He finally turned to face me. "Do you think that Ronnie's going to tell people?" He whispered back.

"About what? That he saw me 'alive' after I died? People will think he's crazy!" I exclaimed.

"People are gonna think I'm crazy," He said. "If they know that I killed you and I've been talking to your ghost."

"You better not turn yourself in, Chris. I don't want to see you put on death row." I said sternly.

Suddenly his eyes brightened, "That's it! Death row would count as a natural death so I'll get to be with you."

"Are you crazy? No, I want you to live. You have to live for me, please." I said, giving him a series of kisses.

He huffed, "Why won't you let me do this? This is torture!"

"I don't care, I won't let you because I love you." I said while crawling on top  of him.

He sighed, He didn't seem happy with me but he didn't object to cuddling.

It seemed what had to be a second later, the doorbell rang.

"I'm going to get up and answer it." He said as he wriggled out from under me.

I got up too and silently crept behind him as he looked at the peep hole.

"Who is it?" I whispered.

"It's a cop." He mumbled, smirking.

"I'm caught." He added, whispering.

"The Hell you are!" I growled.

I don't know how I did it, but somehow I managed to take control of his body.

I opened the door, feeling his spirit fighting with me as I did, "Can I help you?" I asked politely.

"Yes there is," The officer stated. "Is there a Christopher Cerullii here?"

"That's me." I answered.

"Devin, I swear to fuck-" I could hear Chris say in the back of his mind.

"Yes, right. Well, there's been an incident involving one of your friends, Ronnie Radke." He said.

"What happened?" I asked, pretending to be shocked.

"He claimed that he was attacked by one of your other friends that recently passed away. Do you happen to know anything about this?" He inquired.

"Nope, I don't imagine how he could have thought that happened. I know he used to bully my friend a lot though." I stated.

"Really, because he claims that you were there when it happened." He said.

"Oh, I think I know what happened," I said while looking up, pretending to be in thought, "He has a problem with drug abuse, he may have gotten mugged and was hallucinating at same the time."

"Hmph, that seems likely. Sorry to bother you." He said before walking back to his car.

I closed the door before I felt myself pass through him.

"That was close." I mumbled.

"Yeah, well, I wanted to confess." He scoffed.

"You'll thank me later, besides this was about an unrelated incident." I said.

"Aren't you supposed to be supporting this, like I'm getting justice?" He asked.

"No, I don't want to see my friend dead. Plus Ronnie is the one who I want to see get justice for this." I said.

"How did you even do that? Y'know, like take control over my body?" He changed the subject.

"I don't know, it was a last minute reaction. I'm just lucky that it worked, otherwise you would've done something stupid."

"So it's only stupid because I do it for you, because I love you." He replied.

"Ever read 'Romeo and Juliet'? Yeah, it didn't turn out well for them." I said.

"Whatever, I'm going back to bed."
He mumbled.

"And I'm coming with you." I said before kissing him on the cheek.