Day XII: Running Out of Time, I ⏳

(Chris's P.O.V.)

I woke up feeling off; my head hurt. Maybe I have a migraine? I also felt dizzy like I was going to faint.

"Devin," I stood up shakily. "Where are you? Something's wrong."

No answer, my vision started to blur and the world around me started to spin and my vision went black.

"Hey," I felt someone's palm lightly smacking my cheek.

I opened my eyes and saw that Ghost was holding me in his arms, "What happened to me?" I mumbled.

"Oh God, I thought you died." He said as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"What happened?" I repeated.

"You weren't breathing, Chris." He answered, holding me tighter in his arms.

"W-What," I stuttered, still disoriented but feeling better.

"Don't do that to me ever again," He whispered, bending down to kiss my forehead.

I whimpered and started to cry. Earlier all I wanted was to die and be with him, but now that I almost did the thought of it was scary.

"It's okay," He soothed, running his fingers through my hair, "I'm always going to be here, no matter what."

"Don't leave me. Don't ever, ever leave me!" I whined, sobbing into his chest.

"I'll never leave you, I promise." He whispered as he nuzzled my neck.

I hiccuped and started to calm down while he rocked me gently back and forth in his arms.

"Let's get you back into bed." He said as he helped me off of the ground.

"Don't let me go," I whispered, clutching his shirt as I began to feel light headed again.

He laid me on the bed and moved to lay beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and cuddled me. I started to shiver violently in response, I whimpered and moved closer to him.

"Do you want me to call an ambulance?" He asked, concern laced in his voice.

"N-No, C-Can't." I answered shakily.

"Alright, alright," He soothed, "Try to go to sleep, I'll be right here just in case anything like that happens again."

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise," He whispered.

(Devin's P.O.V.)

I watched him sleep, making sure he was still breathing. Something was wrong but I didn't know what.

I had a theory, but I didn't want it to be correct; what if my vow to kill him actually cursed him? I don't understand though, I forgave him... Maybe what's been said can't be undone.

I know he isn't dead yet, but I can tell time is running out for him. I could try to keep him alive but if I do I know something else is going to kill him.

I didn't want to tell him what I thought. I just wanted my poor baby to sleep and have a nice night tonight. He just seemed like he was out of energy and he needed rest.

I just wonder if that what I think it is isn't killing him, what's wrong with him?

What if he's supposed to die soon and this is just a warning? I looked down at my sleeping angel. He wasn't shivering anymore and he was breathing at a healthy, normal pace. I closed my eyes in a silent prayer to whatever God was out there not to take my angel from me.

A/N: Still one more chapter left and the last day until Graveyard Shift comes out. I really wanna hear Hourglass. Y'know to see how it fits with the story. Also I'm going to republish this part because it isn't showing up all the way on my screen.