Day XI: Person Unknown, II ⏳

(Chris's P.O.V.)

I woke up in semi wet clothes, shit. I forgot to change them from last night.

I struggled to peel them off, once I did I kicked them under the bed. I couldn't have anyone find them and start asking questions.

I smelt like lake water too, I groaned and made my way to the shower. I turned the water and waited for it to get warm, I sighed contently as I stood underneath the soothing stream of water.

(Devin's P.O.V.)

I nearly had a panic attack when I couldn't find Chris. I thought the police found out about our stunt that we pulled last night. I started to calm down when I realized I could hear water running from the bathroom. Good, he was here and safe.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar dinging sound. It sounded like a text notification, I found Chris's phone on the nightstand. I highly doubt he would mind if I looked.

I unlocked it only to find a message from an unknown number, all it said was: "I know."

What, was it someone who knew what we did last night or that Chris murdered me?

"What are you talking about?" I replied.

It didn't take long for whoever it was to reply, "You know damn well what I'm talking about. If you don't get rid of that monster soon, I'll get rid of you."

I growled, I knew they were talking about me... I wasn't a monster!

"He isn't a monster!" I answered.

I gasped and looked up to see Chris standing in front of me in nothing but a towel.

"Devin, honey, what are you doing?" He asked.

"I-I," I stuttered, still holding his phone.

"Why do you have my phone?"

"I heard it ding." I whispered.

"Let me see." He said in a surprisingly calm and gentle tone.

He frowned when he noticed the texts, "Oh no." He whispered.

"I'm sorry." I said, wrapping my arms around him.

"I won't ever get rid of you," He said. "And we'll think of a plan. We always do."

"Do you know who it is?" I asked.

"It has to be Ronnie, it's always him." He mumbled, setting his phone back down on the night stand.

"I thought he was in the hospital though." I stated.

"Maybe he made a speedy recovery?" He suggested.

"I don't know, but I don't like this. He said he was going to come after you." I said moving to lay on his bed.

"Well, if he wants you gone, he'll get it. All you need to do is lay low for awhile, which means you can't follow me to school." He said as he started getting dressed.

"There's no way I'm letting you go there alone as long as that scumbag walks those halls." I mumbled.

He sighed, "I just don't understand why he wants to kill me instead of turning me in." He added.

"That's because he knew that if he did I would've gone after him. But what he doesn't know is that if he kills you we'll both come after him." I said.

"So what if I die? He'll be the least of my concerns because I still have you." 
He said, flopping down beside me on his bed.

"Well, it's going to be the most of mine. I'm going to make the rest of his life a living hell if he decides to even breathe in your direction." I growled.

"You're so protective over me, I like it." He said before resting his head on my shoulder.

"Damn right I am." I whispered before kissing him.

A/N: I know this chapter is a bit short, but let me explain: I had to wake up at the crack of dawn to take an exam and despite it nearing the last day of class, these flat-foots still decide to pour homework on me. So yeah, I'm really sorry. I mean, it's better than no chapter at all. I promise it will get better, sadder, and more interesting as our time runs out.