Day XIII: I'm Letting Quick Sand Take Me, ♎⌛

Earlier that day...

(Chris's P.O.V.)

I was feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday. I don't know what had gotten into me, but I felt like I could get my body out of bed today and that was all that mattered.

I begged Devin to go to our hang out today only to have him decline. I mean I get it, I wouldn't want to go back to the place I was killed and tortured a guy at either.

That was in the past though and he needed to lighten up because I wanted to spend time with him.

I had finally convinced him to come with me but he seemed nervous, I wonder why...

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked him as we walked.

"I don't know," He said. "Something just doesn't seem right."

"Oh God," I groaned. "Whenever you say shit like that something bad happens."

"Listen, I just kind of feel weird today, like I'm detached from my body. I mean I know I'm a Ghost and everything..." His voice trailed off.

"I think it might be my connection to you." He whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nevermind, let's just keep walking." He mumbled, looking down at his shoes.

I suddenly heard a popping noise and something wizzed past my head, from then on everything was a blur.

All I knew was that Ghost grabbed my hand and we started running.

"He must have gotten out of the hospital early!" He growled.

It didn't take me long to know who he was talking about: Ronnie.

Present Time...

(Chris's P.O.V.)

We hid in the cemetery, I was out of breath fron running and I was trying not to breathe too loudly.

I quietly whimpered into Ghost's shoulder, worried that he was going to find us.

He comforted me by resting his head on the top of mine and pulled me into a hug.

"I won't let him hurt you, I promise." He whispered.

"Do you really think you can hide, that that thing will protect you?!" Ronnie's voice was closer than ever and I heard another shot rang out.

"We need to go, now." Ghost whispered harshly. Grabbing my hand again before we started running while weaving in and out between  tombstones.

I whimpered, I almost tripped over a headstone,  "I'm not scared of that dead faggot, "I'll kill you before he can kill me!" He growled.

"He's going to kill me, Devin!" I gulped as we ran. As if I wasn't stating the obvious.

"He's not going to kill you." He answered quickly, trying to step behind me and act as a human sheild.

I could see the groundskeepers house from here. It was just up the hill, I knew the person that lived there. His door was always unlocked and I don't think he'll mind if we hide there.

Suddenly, it was as if time slowed down and everything was muted. It was a struggle to run. For some reason I looked down; only to see that there was a hole in my chest, gushing blood. I felt dizzy like I had felt yesterday. Ghost noticed I was stopped, he gasped, catching me before I could fall. I hadn't noticed I lost my balance.

"Gotcha." I heard Ronnie say smugly from behind us.

"There, another one of God's mistakes fixed." He spat.

Ghost growled, but ignored him. He knew he would just make things worse if he killed Ronnie.

All Devin said was, "Get out," and as if by command some force slammed Ronnie up against the wall of a crypt and held him there. Along with that a vortex of wind appeared around us. It felt like we were in the eye of a hurricane

He sank to the ground with me, "I'm dying, aren't I?" I asked.

I saw wet streaks start to decorate his face, "Y-Yes, I'm afraid so. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, baby."

"That's okay, it just means I get to be with you." I whispered, feeling myself grow weaker by the moment.

"I'll help you," He started, holding me in a similar fashion as I did with him when he died, "Just close your eyes like your going to go to sleep and then when you wake up, I'll be there."

"Okay," I said, barely audible. I did as he said and closed my eyes. I could feel the life slowly drain from me as I bled out.  I chuckled, I couldn't help but find it funny that I'm dying in a cemetery.

I cuddled into him, trying to get comfortable. "I love you," I whispered as I felt everything get heavier but lighter at the same time.

"I love you too," He said, his voice sounded like it was echoing.

It felt like everything was happening right now. A burst of emotions flooded my mind. That was the moment I knew I was at the last little thread at the end if my rope.

After that I felt, saw, and heard nothing. It seemed like I was floating in an empty void.

"Devin, where are you?!" I called.

I heard a chuckle before a tunnel of light appeared in front of me. It sounded cliche, but for me it meant that I wasn't just some lost soul.

"Come on," A familiar voice said as I felt a warm hand grip mine.

I looked down at it, seeing "Lost," tattooed across the knuckles. That's all it took for me to know who it was. I was with him and we were finally safe from all the horrors of earth.

Fin