chapter 5

(Cam's P.O.V.)

after i left Chipotle, i sped over to Gina's house and barged in the front door without waiting for her to answer.

"Gina! Gina, what is your problem!?" i hollered as i walked around the house looking for her.

Gina strutted down the hallway, wrapped in a bathrobe, hair freshly washed.

"hey babe!" she said as she pecked me on the cheek.

"don't 'babe' me!" i screamed as i pushed her off of me, "what were you thinking?! you almost blew everything!"

i brushed everything off the coffee table and knocked a vase off the fireplace, my anger raging.

"calm down!" she exclaimed as she frantically cleaned up the broken pieces of glass, "i am just so sick of waiting around for you while you play your little games with Lexie and her dad. why don't you just ask her dad for a contract and dump the little girl?"

"her dad doesn't just sign anybody! he's a professional and if i ever want this singing thing to kick off i gotta have some connections."

"but you can't sing."

"nobody knows that for sure. plus if i have a singing career on top of everything else, Nash's career will be history."

"you and Nash used to be best friends. why can't you just be happy for him?"

"because Gina, dear, i'm not a happy person. and Nash Grier is going down. now if you'll excuse me, i have a party to attend."

i walked out the door and left Gina there without saying another word.

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

i stood in front of my full body mirror, admiring the beautiful dress i picked out for the party. my long, golden brown hair perfectly matched the colors of the dress. everything was going flawlessly.

i glanced over at my nightstand and stared at the picture of Nash and i from second grade. we were working on a class project and i ended up smearing clay all over his face. of course he ended up chucking some towards me in revenge. long story short: we both ended up in the office that day, but the memory we got from it was so worth it. things were so much simpler back then.

i checked my phone and noticed i had about a half hour before i had to leave for the party, so i pulled out my laptop and checked all my social media. then something triggered in my memory. i typed in Gina from Magcon and pressed search. i know Cam said she doesn't like to show her face much, but normally there's at least some stat or personal biography of all the behind-the-scenes Magcon hands. nothing. huh, that's weird.

Lexie, stop freaking yourself out. there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

i let myself believe that, grabbed my bag, and headed to my car. time to have some fun.