chapter 3

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

Nash is staring at me, smiling suspiciously. it almost looks as if wheels are turning in his head, like he's coming up with a plan.

"Nash," i say snapping my fingers in front of his face, "heeellloooo?"

he sort of jumps a little bit, like he's snapping back into reality.

"what were you thinking about?"

"yes, wait i mean, no, i mean i wasn't thinking about anything," he said frazzled.

i laugh because i so know that he was thinking about something.

"what are you laughing at?" he questions, while laughing of course, as he stands up and pushes his chair in.

"n-n-nothing," i stutter, trying to hold back my laughter.

"you are gonna get soooo wet," he says as he turns on the faucet and fills up a cup.

"no, no, no!" i screech as i run towards his giant family room and hid behind the couch that Will was sitting on.

"sssh ," i whisper to Will, giggling.

Nash lives with his mom and dad, his brothers, Will and Hayes, and his little sister, Skylynn. They have a nice, big house with a lot of modern technology, since, of course, Nash makes a pretty penny with his videos.

"hm, where did Lexie go?" Nash says sarcastically, probably knowing where i hid because Will has an obvious expression on his face.

i felt him getting closer and closer, and suddenly i started giggling.

darn. now he's got me.

"caught ya!" he screams as he jumps behind the couch and pours the water on my head, leaving me soaking wet.

"i'm gonna get you!" i squealed as i rolled up a magazine and started hitting him with it.

at this point, Will had run upstairs, so it was just me and Nash.

Nash playfully swiped the magazine off of me and picked me and dragged me back to the couch. he laid me down gently, and propped himself up above me, laughing hysterically. just then, it got silent and we just stared into each other's eyes.

i never really thought of myself with Nash, but i suddenly longed for him to kiss me passionately and- wait i have a boyfriend. i have a boyfriend. Cam. what am i doing? what am i doing?!

i pushed Nash aside and ran to the front door.

(Nash's P.O.V)

what did i do? oh no, i didn't mean to take things too far. i forgot she still cares about that Dallas kid.

"Lex, are you okay?" i asked as i rushed over to her.

she stood there silent, her face buried in her hands.

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

"Lex, are you okay?" Nash asked again.

"yes i'm fine," i muttered, lightly crying, "i'm just, i-i'm just---"

"confused," we both said at the same time.

"i know," he says, "come here," he says, holding his arms out to me.

i don't hesitate to accept his hug, and rush into his arms. i bury my face in his neck, then i really start crying.

"ssh, ssshh. it's okay, Lex."

"w-w-what if doesn't want me anymore?"

(Nash's P.O.V.)

i sigh.

"well, if he doesn't want you, then he's a stupid, stupid man," i say, wiping tears from her face.

she smiles up at me with those beautiful brown eyes of hers, and i know i'm doing something right.

just then, her phone goes off.

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

i run over to the kitchen table to check who it was. the screen read:

Cam-👫💙

hey babe! i'm sorry i overreacted earlier. meet me at Chipotle in 10? i'll even come to the party with you later. ily<3

i reply:

sure! see you soon! love you too💋

"Nash, guess what?"

"what?"

"he texted me and asked me to meet him at Chipotle! isn't that awesome?"

"yeah, i guess."

"cool, see you later. thanks for everything."

i give him a quick hug and run.

(Cam's P.O.V.)

i got a text back. already? i laugh. it read:

Lexie-

sure see you soon! love you too💋

ah, she's so easy.

"when are you getting rid of her?" Gina asks.

"soon babe," i say as i kiss her," just as soon as her daddy gets me that job."