chapter 16

(Lexie P.O.V.)

i knocked on the front door and a blonde girl in a bath robe opened the door.

"who are you?" i asked in shocked.

"that is um my cousin Ainsley, she's staying with me for a while," Cam said as he ran up to the door.

"Ainsley? why is she wearing a robe and you don't have a shirt on?"

"well we're family! we're comfortable being around each other in any appearance," he laughed that fake laugh of his.

fake laugh? hm.

"c'mon in, Lex! make yourself at home!" Avery, why don't you go upstairs and finish unpacking?"

"i thought her name was Ainsley?" i questioned.

"oh it um is. i just had a little mind blank."

"okay, well i'll leave you two alone," Ainsley said as as she walked upstairs.

"so Lexie, what's up?" Cam said as he sat on the couch.

"i take it your not mad at me anymore?" i sat down next to him.

"nah, i don't hold grudges."

"well that's a good thing. look, Cam we need to talk."

"if you think it's necessary, go head," he said as he put his feet on the coffee table.

"of course i think it's necessary! how can you not? we have been through so much crap these past few months and- are you even paying attention to me?!"

"of course i am, babe. but i don't understand why we need to have this discussion. i love you and i hope you love me," he said as he grabbed my hands.

"fine, who's Gina?"

"i told you, babe. she's just a friend."

"i hope you know that if you two are more than friends and i find out, i'll dump you so fast you won't even know what to do!"

"calm down," he chucked, "are we okay now?"

"yes," i said as i leaned and kissed him, " i missed you."

"i missed you too, Lex," he said as he started to lift up my shirt.

"no, Cam," i said as i brushed his band away, "there's one more thing we need to do before everything is back to normal."

"ugh. okay what?"

"the three of us are all gonna go visit Nash at the hospital. you two are the most important men in my life and even though you aren't the closet friends, i need to make sure you get along."

"wait, the three of us? who's three?"

"me, you, and Ainsley."

(Cam's P.O.V.)

"wait, the three of us? who's three?" i asked.

"me, you, and Ainsley."

Ainsley? Gina. oh my God. i hope Nash doesn't remember seeing Gina at my house. Cam, you might need a backup plan pretty darn soon.