chapter 26

(Cameron's P.O.V.)

"okay we're gonna have to do this quicker than i thought. Gina, hand me my gun," i sneered.

Gina strutted over to the table with with the weapon, picked up my most prized handgun, and brought it back to me.

"here you go, babe," she said.

"thank you, love."

Gina went over to her cot, faced the wall, and put her headphones in. aw, she's so cute. sometimes.

Lexie sat in her chair, shaking with panic. i chuckled at her babyish personage and looked over at Taylor who wouldn't move his eyes from the gun in my hand.

"this is for all that pain and suffering you have caused people, Lexie Thomas. and i am going to make you pay for everything, right here, right now," i said as i placed my hand on the trigger.

that's when Taylor dived straight towards me, knocking the gun out of my hand.

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

i closed my eyes and prepared to die. i mean, there still was a chance that Nash wasn't going to be able to save me in time. i thought about all of the memories that stayed safe in my heart and all the pain that i wish i could forget. i thought about my few friends at school, all of the Magcon crew original and new, and especially Nash. the person who i loved most in the world. the one person who i would willingly lay my life on the line for with no doubt. the person who would have my heart forever. i guess i even thought about my parents. even though they ignored the majority of the time, somewhere deep inside i knew they loved me, and i knew i loved them, too.

the time that my eyes were closed seemed to last forever. that was until Cam stopped talking and the room silenced.

here we go, Lexie. just breathe.

"NOW!" Taylor bellowed.

then, i heard screams.

i opened my eyes to see Taylor on top of Cam. the gun was now on the other side of the floor and Gina was so stupid that she was facing the wall with her headphones on. suddenly, Nash and Jordan from my dad's office burst in the doors.

"Nash!" i screamed, my voice muffled by the tape, "Nash!" i wriggled around rapidly, desperate to break free.

Jordan came running over to me and untied my hands and ripped the tape off my mouth. Gina then decided to take her headphones off and gasped in shock. she ran over to the wall and pressed a button. sirens and lights streamed across the room.

"we have to run!" Jordan yelled, "we have to go now!"

she grabbed my hand and pulled me as she ran. Nash was helping Taylor pin down Cam, who was easily stronger than both of them.

"Lexie!" Nash called as he looked up to me and got off the ground, leaving only Taylor to do the work.

he ran up to me and embraced me tightly.

"baby girl, i missed you more than words. i was worried sick about you," he mumbled into my ear, "i love you so much."

"i love you too, Nash," i began to cry, "i can't believe i was so stupi-"

"you'll never get away with this Lexie!" Cam yelled from under Taylor's grip, "i will find you!" he thrashed around continuously, refusing to let Taylor restrain him.

"Lexie we have to go...now!" Jordan yelled as she grabbed my hands, the ear-piercing sirens blazing away.

"go, Lex. i'll see you soon," Nash smiled sweetly, pecked me on the cheek, and ran over to stop Gina from picking up the gun.

i cried heavily as Jordan pulled me out of the warehouse and we began to run down the street away from it. when we decided on an even pace to run, i took a deep breath and wiped my tears. i needed some answers.

"Jordan, how are you even-?"

"ssh. you have to whisper."

"sorry. how are you even here? like involved in all this?" i whispered.

"here goes nothin. long story short, i was pretty much in love with Cam, until i found out he was dating two other girls."

"wait, he was dating you, too?"

"yeah, sorta. anyways, i got enraged and as soon as i saw a way to get back at Cam, i took the chance. i agreed to help Nash find you and bring you to a safe place."

"oh. thank you," i lightly smiled.

just then, we saw a group of guys running towards us in the distance.

"Lexie! come here!" Jordan called from behind a park bench.

"who are they?" i asked as i crouched down next to her.

"they must be the back up that Gina "buzzed" for," Jordan giggled.

"don't laugh, please! Nash is in there. he's still in that warehouse, fighting for my life," i whispered as i felt a tear trickle down my face.

"i'm sorry, you're right. this isn't the time for jokes," Jordan said as she put a hand on my shoulder and wiped my tear away. "look, we better start running again if we wanna get there anytime soon."

"okay."

we got up, looked around to make sure no one was there, then started running again.

"where are we going anyways?" i asked.

"Carter Reynold's house. you know him?"

"yeah," i smiled, "i know him."

(A/N)

oh my gosh. this is gonna get so intense. the next chapter will be here soon!

read.

vote.

comment.

i love you all!💜